3D models for Fan Film NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roodkill

Hey everyone! Long time no talk. So here's the gig. I NEED a Modeler with 3d models from the halo universe that would be willing to help, trade, and be apart of this fan film were doing. it's by no means an Op: Chastity film and it's rather a trailer than a "Film".
However, I would offer a small compensation like an Oddball skull, or ODST helmet.

I will talk more openly with whoever comes foreword with the ability to share his.her models with us. I have a set idea of what we need and it's not a whole lot.

(EXTRAS FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO HELP TOO) :)

In the following I need some help with suggestions on a "how to" with some effects.

*I have Adobe After Effects cs4 but should I do the visual effects such as covenant weapons in that program or another one? Any one with experiance?

*next, would it be possible to "cut and paste" so to speak, an animation of a character from Halo Reach and put it in a live action film? If so, any ideas?

*lastly, any takers on sending us some footage of yourselfs "In action"?
Send us some stock footage of yourself doing something and we'll add in FXx and place you in our trailer.

Last comment, The Halo model with the glue figures. Remember that topic some time ago? Still doing it. :) I'll post something later about the process of it and needing names again, but hold out for the topic I'll post later. Just letting you all know for now, it's still alive and well.

I have Halo 3 models and textures that i have rigged with a biped. i'd be willing to share if i get some recognition. Also if any voice acting is needed hit me up

I would be willing to help out. What do you need done?
Also to answer your first two questions:
1. I have CS5 but am not very experienced with After Effects
2. Yes, cutting a player from reach and pasting it into the trailer would be possible, but every frame would have to be rotoscoped (manually edited) in after effects. Also, I'm not sure it's *strictly legal* to rip animations from Reach, even for a fan film.

let me know what you need done and i'll give it a go.

--brokeit

I have a good deal of experience with After Effects and have done a few commissions for clients. I would definitely suggest using After Effects because I have created a really good looking Dragon Ball Z kamehameha blast that can easily become the lasers for a all of the covenant weapons, but for muzzle flashes and explosions you will need stock footage to add in (which I have basic generic ones that should cover what you want), and if you want to do any force fields, like the Bubble Shield, you might get away with just After Effects, but will probably need to incorporate some 3D modeling in there.
Depending on what you want, I would love to help you out and do all of the special effects. Compensation would be greatly appreciated, but not mandatory by any means; however, I may not be able to do every special effect if personal satisfaction and a thanks is all I am getting out of it.

After Effects would also be the program you would use to 'crop' video out of halo reach.
I'm also pretty sure there was a bubble shield .3ds floating around somewhere complete with glass maps... i'll do a little digging and see what i can do about that for you. I'm not bad with 3DS max and im sure i could render up a bubble or drop shield for your movie.

--brokeit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back