3D print perfect mark V (5) B Reach helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some other Reach helmets out there & good ones at that. I'm not planning on making many of this one from the mold once it's finished, but I'm sure that I can take care of anyone that would like a casting of it.
This one will have unique story behind it that will set it apart from the others.
There is a popular author over in the UK that would like one to donate to a special kid with some unfortunate problems, this is really going to put smile on this kids face, as well as a popular book cover artist will be getting one as well.
Jim McCrea

The main reason is because I am thinking in mass production really to make casts for molds. Not really a shortcut in armor making. but will help in prototyping in ideas i have for the weapons. But that is me. But I do say the detail is amazing so far.

The detail looks great on this Jim. I'm anxious to see it complete. :D

I started working on the visor attachment.
1st 3D printed it out. split it / printed then glued it back together & lightly sanded it.
The 4 holes needed to be a bit deeper so I dremel-ed them out. 3D plastics & dremels aren't the best combo but it got the job done.

vi1_zps0c7e5933.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vi2_zps61781101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then started to sculpt over it.

Next the sculpting over begins. The real shaping takes place with my sander & taking down the body filler.

vi3_zps12a8f222.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vi4_zps3bcc21d8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vi5_zps2f6c82a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's kind-of what it will look like once finished.
I still have a bit of mounting hardware to create, plus a bunch of clean up & finish work on the attachment.
The end product will result in 2 separate pieces that will detach from one an other.

vi13_zps1cb03ca3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vi11_zps7ae9854a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
vi8_zpsa2f2c6b8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking.
Jim McCrea / Icon Props / Stony Props

Holy crap! This is just awesome! Infact I wondered if its possible to print out an entire helmet and you literally blew my expectations on 3D-printed stuff.
Subbed your thread cause I really wanna know whats up next. :) Keep up the marvelous work man!

The devil is in the detail.

I use needle file to help out with all the small areas.
It makes for smooth edges & sharp corners.

j_zps6db318bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lots of details to figure out. PETG worked out for a few of the small pieces by the ear.

jj_zps4c54f259.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jjj_zpsa2bfe0bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jjjj_zps4d1e55c3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking..
Jim McCrea / Stony Props / Icon Props.

Looking really good so far. :)
on a side note, i have those same tweezers lol.
might have to use them for a build now

Almost ready to mold now. Just a bit more clean up, couple of small additions & then off to making a new mold.

vv_zps29fc48d8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

vvv_zpsff71209d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

v_zps60dd22c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking.
Jim McCrea Icon Props / Stony Props

This is why I would kill for a printer. Theres so many different things I want to do but I dont have the money to do it. This helmet looks so good. Ive always been on the edge of the Mk V helmet. I like the wider look personally. I love yours though. So many things so little money :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back