3D print perfect mark V (5) B Reach helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't stop taking notes.....and drooling as well.

I worked on the visor attachment mold over the weekend. It took Saturday & Sunday and this attachment mold was a bigger challenge than one might think for such a small piece, but all in all it turned out well.
Next will be the helmet mold.....

visorcast_zps59bb47d1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

67985d76fe_zps56cb346c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
d5df4c19fa_zps10bb0270.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
35562ebbb0_zps18accf70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
24ab723a1e_zpsc8ff04f0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cf0febacba_zpsefa19d6a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
98e225ab00_zps152764df.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
4fc8a19399_zps20aed146.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A limited amount of castings will be made available. You can reach me for any questions on facebook at Icon props.
Please don't ask me for info here.
Thanks
Jim

k_zps3b14020d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
y_zps150f973c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

These next post should close out this thread.
I got the vac former finally up and running. Made my 1st visor buc ever and ran some of these out.

vacformbc_zps3b7fc96b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There's what they will look like installed in a raw casting.
acss_zps868cec87.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes you can see through them. Not great, but you can see.

There maybe a few kits available. You can always reach me on facebook at either Icon or Stony Props.
As always, thanks for looking. I'm proud of this one, as of today I'd claim this one as my personal best.
I can't wait to start the next project.
See you guys around
Jim McCrea

acc1icon_zpsde348bdd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

acc3icon_zps50b35b16.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This last one catches the visibility through the visor.

see_zps65d1e0bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pretty epic casts and visor you've got there Jim. Do you happen to have details on how you built your vac former? I may just call you and we can talk it out if that's cool with you. I'll be needing one of those soon. :D

Lockon13

If you're the type of person that thinks you can put together a pep file, / harden it, / sand it a little, / & then paint it, and think you have a finished piece in your hands that you're happy with, then the answer for you would be YES. And many people do just that. 3D printing takes the pep stage out of the game and many of the inaccuracies associated with it. However it brings a new set of challenges to the table as well. I still have well over 150 hours of hand sculpting into this in order to get the details the way I wanted them along with removing all the unwanted visuals associated with the 3D printer. The 3D printer is another tool that can help you build better. My finishing processes are the same with a pep-ed piece as with a 3d printed base. I guess it all comes down to what level of finshed quailty it is that you personally find to be "good enough".

I can see how people less intuned to detail and finishing may look at it that way.
Jim McCrea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back