3D printed H4 Hands.WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchelonDark

Jr Member
What up guys finally got back into getting my 3D printer working and ive been getting some skills in blender so I tried to print a piece of my new suit ie being a finger cap and I need your opinion on if I need to scale down a bit or it looks fine the way it is. Please let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    835.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    835.8 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    753.8 KB · Views: 276
Those look too big and too thick... CarterBuilder12 has some amazing 3D printable armor files, and he has them up for free! All the pieces are ultra high-res and are super accurate.

I took a look at what he had and it was good but not quite the files I was looking for but I do appreciate it! and I came to the same conclusion so ive been working on thinning them down a bit. :)

You should use the subdivide modifier in blender on those too. It will smooth them out a lot but you may have to reselect your hard edges

All I want to say is - try bending and grasping things with it. If you can bend you finger without any problems - it's fine. If it's too big, you'll feel it because you'll have difficulties.
Just have it so that it isn't too small and your fingertip there is comfortable, if it'll be too small, it'll cause problems to your blood circuit and you'll get your fingers numb, which is bad.

Haha thanks but its broken hence why it looks like that had to take the faceplate off, and ive been trying that subdivide tool but it seems to be making some very odd shapes and Slcer doesn't seem to like it XD ill keep trying I'm probably missing something lol. And thanks palmer ill take that into consideration! definitely don't want circulation to be cut off at all. And as for the mobility it seemed close to ok but I'm definitely going to thin it out a bit more to see if that makes a difference.

I'm wearing this right now and I can even type with it lol XD perfect fit now and its just a little snug when wearing the gloves which is perfect lol what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    728.6 KB · Views: 254
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back