1st Build 3d Printed Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboozel

So, a few weeks ago I finally decided to grab a 3d printer and finally got it to a point where i was happy(I cant level a bed any better now) and so I present to you my first big project.
Album Link.

So luckily someone(Moesizzlac on Thingiverse) took the time to make a thingiverse post for a Halo Reach MKV helmet so I started from there and cut the model to fit my printer(Ender 5).

1587232486958.png
1587232524542.png

After a few days of printing I super-glued all the pieces together and used an inappropriate amount of Bondo to help fill in any gaps from my terrible super-glue job.
SIb0eu4.jpg
EvCewOj.jpg

Spent a day sanding and priming until i got a result i was happy with and then spent another day doing the painting.
pQSVPgy.jpg
qokasPJ.jpg
eeZBfeK.jpg

I got the visor material from ICONPROPS on etsy. Really awesome and simple visor solution.Link to the material
j3DPs36.jpg
Bw05xhl.jpg
m8BbjlE.jpg

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the quality of a 350$ printer and a couple days of elbow-grease. If I've learned anything its that I should have taken time to add to the model some registration points to align the parts for a smoother glue job. Also take time masking off areas for painting and take another step back to keep spray paint from pooling in creases.

Im planning on recreating my entire multiplayer reach armor that i had when Reach first came out.
Vanity_637206071203960810.png

Thats it for now.

~~Cab

Attachments

• 1587232488412.png
    1587232488412.png
    14.2 MB · Views: 182
  • 4qR2fAn.jpg
    4qR2fAn.jpg
    822.6 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.