1st Build 3D Printed Reach Spartan ft. AKIS


spitzkitz

Jr Member
Been having lots of printer issues, it looks like bad adhesion but it's actually severe under-extruding in disguise. I had followed a guide to better calibrate my printer and tweak my flow rate and it has ruined the first layers and made all my prints super brittle since, so I'm probably not gonna keep the setting. Also had the filament spool fall onto a printer mid print in the second pic lol

1616975981518.png

1616975960887.png
 

spitzkitz

Jr Member
I hope I'm wrong but do you have two left biceps printed? It could just be the angle of the picture?

Everything looks great though!
You are not wrong-- I am a certified moron! I hoped nobody would notice. It'll be the last piece I do lol but hey extra pieces for practice!

Thanks though :)
 

S225

New Member
You are not wrong-- I am a certified moron! I hoped nobody would notice. It'll be the last piece I do lol but hey extra pieces for practice!

Thanks though :)
Use it for stress tests and stuff! Ive broken a sweat running to my printer because I've started the same part before!
 

spitzkitz

Jr Member
Even more issues! Hurray! I tried to print the remaining portion (turns out that it actually just fell off the build plate and was completely OK to use the rest of) but I am having some random issues cropping up... so in the meantime, here is a cut up codpiece in case anybody looks for a good way to cut it in the future. I can't help but see that a lot of builds skip the "slicing my parts into smaller chunks" step so if you're like me and looking for some good "tried and true" ways of chopping bits up, here ya go. I'll probably do this for the rest of my pieces just so people can reference it in the future :)

1618077480342.png


Normally split in half this would be fine, but it just barely fits past the buildplate so yeaaahhh.
also-- just finished my lab work as well so I have lots of free printing time! woo!
 

spitzkitz

Jr Member
Yeah! Back on the grind!
Went ahead and edited MoeSizzlac's reach thigh model so that I can make the inner thigh from foam. Hopefully this will give me more flexibility and reduce print time/material usage.
1619589167015.png


Also if you saw my Modeling Quest thread, I went ahead and did the Mark V B helmet as well. Still debating whether to do that or AKIS as my helmet...

My inner debate is this: Doing an entirely default Noble 6 would be awesome and recognizable, buuuuut I like the AKIS a lot. It's got that mythos going on yaknow? And that would at least let me make some other armor bits (though this would add time of course, and im not sure if that's what I want LOL)
 

spitzkitz

Jr Member
Yeah looks like a quick rubbing alcohol wipe would help haha. Also I know you said you were saving PLA+ for the helmet, but it does also have nice adhesion ;)
The actual issue turned out to be adhesion not onto the bed, but on the print itself. It appears that they ALL fell off of their own rafts, so I will probably need to change the air gap (though Im thinking it could just have been a failure from a particularly cold night in my garage...)

And yeah, PLA+ goin to the helmet for sure.
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top