3D Printing Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
what’s the way to fix that?
It's not a perfect science like D3LTA said, some machines even from the same company have different quirks. Z-banding could be mechanical in the frame wobbling back and forth, rocking of the print head due to rollers or rails not being tight, belts being loose, stepper issues, printing too fast, a wobbly buildplate, temperature changes in the hotend, temperature changes in the room, the list goes on.

If you do change something when troubleshooting, only do one major change at a time so you can assess if it helped or not. I've added a few modifications to these and I'll slowly keep upgrading them until they finally give up and call it quits.
1579103507108.png

It's not a perfect science like D3LTA said, some machines even from the same company have different quirks. Z-banding could be mechanical in the frame wobbling back and forth, rocking of the print head due to rollers or rails not being tight, belts being loose, stepper issues, printing too fast, a wobbly buildplate, temperature changes in the hotend, temperature changes in the room, the list goes on.

If you do change something when troubleshooting, only do one major change at a time so you can assess if it helped or not. I've added a few modifications to these and I'll slowly keep upgrading them until they finally give up and call it quits.
View attachment 283043
Sounds extensive! I’m excited to see what happens!

I purchased a CR10 Pro V2 end of november last year so I'm still learning. There doesn't seem to be much info out there about this printer. I was a total beginner and the fact that it only took 4 bolts and pushing in a few cables to get it up and running was appealing to me.
Self leveling is a dream and this machine does create stunning prints with PLA. I haven't tried ABS as yet. Have played with TPU and have had limited success. Watch the beginning of each print is essential to fine tune the amount of plastic being laid down. If you do end up buying a Creality printer check out Tiny machines web site they list all the improvements each model has and the best add ons and upgrades they make to the ones they ship.

I purchased a CR10 Pro V2 end of november last year so I'm still learning. There doesn't seem to be much info out there about this printer. I was a total beginner and the fact that it only took 4 bolts and pushing in a few cables to get it up and running was appealing to me.
Self leveling is a dream and this machine does create stunning prints with PLA. I haven't tried ABS as yet. Have played with TPU and have had limited success. Watch the beginning of each print is essential to fine tune the amount of plastic being laid down. If you do end up buying a Creality printer check out Tiny machines web site they list all the improvements each model has and the best add ons and upgrades they make to the ones they ship.
Awesome!! Thank you for your feedback I didn’t know a lot of that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back