4 Helmets Finished!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vrogy said:
Is this tint stretchy at all, or will it only curve in one dimension? If it stretches it'd be neat to see if you could get it seamlessly attached to an EVA helmet, and it'd also make Daft Punk helmets buildable...

Also, how much does it darken the wearer's view?

The tint is not stretchy, but it does have instructions in it for tinting a compound curve. It basically involves tinting something a smaller strip at a time, horizontally, and slightly overlapping each layer. When it's dried it says to carefully trim the overlap. Could be worth a try.

And as far as vision, this picture is with no flash, no photoshop alterations. Basically, I have full visibility in daylight, decent visibility in a dimly lit situation (I was able to attend 2 fairly dark parties with no trouble), but very limited when in dark situation (even with street lights, Halloween night was terrible).
[attachment=1661:Vision.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
thefreeman said:
p.s. I live in Nashua, NH haha

Sweet, another NH resident! Maybe some of us can get together this spring at the Nashua comic show, I'll have a table there in artist alley.

quixand_prop said:
That's what super bright LED's are for. :lol:

Heh yeah I wanted to, but I was literally attaching the visor into the last helmet an hour before we took the little one out trick-or-treating.

Robogenisis said:
Those look great. Especially for paper mache. :D

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

I love the visors,

i think it would be in great benefit of the forum community to write up a tutorial on how you did the visors so cleanly,
i grow tired of seeing cheaper visor ideas looking like just that, your did a fantastic job,
Keep it up!

-Justin

It LIVES! Well...not really.

PM Ruze if you have Q's on his method. Ruze, if you want this opened, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back