405th Commercials and ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSpartan

Okay Adam and sean and others... I noticed that ads are up and they are annoying since im used to the default layout.
How much would it cost me if you remove them?

Great IDEA AOB Frost!!! If all members would donate atleast 1 dollar adam would get 5000 dollars from us! i think we should organize something like this... he deserves it.

Thanks,

-Finnish

Free, just use firefox ;p

Or donate 5-10 bucks, I'm sure adam would be grateful if people would once in a while donate, I would, but I dont have paypal, and I dont feel safe with any other online money transfer services besides paypal.

Sorry Finnish, but thats Adams call, and if he needs the revenue to help pay for the site, you shouldn't complain about it.

We've run these ads before the site re-design... you'll get used to it.

Sean Bradley said:
Sorry Finnish, but thats Adams call, and if he needs the revenue to help pay for the site, you shouldn't complain about it.

We've run these ads before the site re-design... you'll get used to it.

I mean if i would just pay (US DOLLARS) you so you could only remove it from me.
AND btw do you get money each time i click the link? i could keep clicking it... LOL.

-Finnish

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called google adsense, you advertise people's ads on your site, when people click their ads, the company pays you so many cents/dollars per click (usually just a few cents, sometimes more)

Then google sends you a check of the money the companies are sending you. It helps generate money to support the site I guess. I dont think there is any way to stop them from showing under your name, it's in the html coding, the only way to stop them are to block them or use firefox, but a donation would still be nice for adam, he always host this site, and I dont think many people do donate willingly.

I donated 100 when he was getting us moved over here from mjolnirarmor.com but now all my money is tied up in molding junk and tuition for the time being. You know, if clicking on the ads generates cash, we should have a day (like Friday) where you click on 20 of the google ads or something as part of your community duty.

if clicking on the ads generates cash, we should have a day (like Friday) where you click on 20 of the google ads or something as part of your community duty

2nd that .

Lets hear what Adam has to say about it..

From what I remember about the adsense rules getting users to specifically click on the ads can lead to accounts suspension and deletion and it may be a bit obvious if there is a sudden influx on a Friday of advert clicks.

Just a quick peak at the adsense guidelines showed up this:
Don't ask others to click on Google ads.
Users should click on Google ads because they're interested in the services being advertised. Encouraging users to click on your Google ads, either directly or indirectly, can lead to inflated advertiser costs and can cause your account to be disabled.

Some jerk on my old website clicked my ads continuously, I was banned from adsense then, but I never asked for my ads to be clicked.

AoBfrost said:
Some jerk on my old website clicked my ads continuously, I was banned from adsense then, but I never asked for my ads to be clicked.
He isn't a jerk, he just luv ya. :)

we did donate... these forums were upgraded from the old ones for $350 - Ads should take care of things... they aren't that intrusive are they?

Don't click on ads just to click on them. Will get banned. Click ONLY if you see something interesting. don't click a bunch. Play by the rules.

if you don't like the ads, and don't want to dl fire fox, just go to the skin selector at the botto left of the page and change it to anything but IP classic blue

Official Download from Mozilla:
Firefox 2.0.0.11

firefox.png
:love: <( Mmm no ads...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back