405th Infantry Division Emblem on armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST Emory

Is it permissible to put the 405th emblem onto any Halo armor creations I make? And, if and when I join a regiment, can I place that emblem on my armor as well? Just curious, because I thought it would be cool to have those on my odst chestplate.

I have the 405th mountain regiment sticker on my chest piece, and plan to continue to do so for as long as I have armor.

With that; you are wearing an article of identification that represents our group as a whole. YOU are representing the 405th as a whole when you wear that armor and the badging that identifies us. The way I see it, you wear it to distinguish yourself as a team member, and you should always conduct yourself in the best possible way to represent our team. No funny business, no being a jerk, be the best character you can possibly be.

TLDR: Yes, but don't do stupid stuff and give the 405th a bad wrap (obviously)

Upvote 0
I am building ODST Armor. Where does the Regiment sticker go?

This PDF guide breaks down the entirety of the ODST sticker placement, and colorway for the entire suit. The 405th is all about building YOUR character so you, of course, always have freedom to create the armor you want. If I were to make a guess for a good placement for the sticker, I'd slap it on the chest, opposite the side of the UNSC insignia OR on the wearers right shoulder piece (since left side has blood type)

Upvote 0
The 405th's "Mantle" or Code of Conduct or Charter discusses the use of the 405th Division and Regiment Logos

But, it basically boils to that our logos can be used by any member for PERSONAL USE with the following limitations:
  • Only use the lockups of the logos provided in the style guide in their entirety
  • Do not alter the proportions, or alter the relationship of the elements in any way.
  • Do not change the font or alter the spacing between letters.
  • Do not incorporate the 405th lockups into your own identity or use the lockups in conjunction with any other artwork.
  • Never create a new logo that combines the 405th lockups with another identity.
  • Do not deface or modify the lockups in any way. *
  • Do not place the lockups on or near anything vulgar or repugnant. If there is a question as to whether something is considered vulgar or repugnant, then there is no question.
  • Do not reproduce the lockups using any color other than provided. *

* Adding “weathering” if placing the lockups on a costume is acceptable.
    ** Any single color may be used for one color versions of the Horizontal Lockups, the Emblem, or the 405th logo elements.

Upvote 0
How does using the 405th emblems/regiment logos effect tier status for deployment? It feels like they would prevent tier 3 by definition.

Upvote 0
Ok, thank you guys for answering my questions. So from what I understand, can I not join a Regiment because I am 16? Or did I misinterpret that. Either way, I will still consider myself part of the 405th, regardless of if I am part of a regiment.

Upvote 0
How does using the 405th emblems/regiment logos effect tier status for deployment? It feels like they would prevent tier 3 by definition.

The goal of a Tier 3 is for the costume to look as close to possible as the In Game model, that includes in terms of paint scheme and logos used. We have not yet encountered a situation where someone with an ODST has gone for Deployment and utilized the 405th or a Regimental logo. We have a set of internal guidelines we use, and our working on some public ones as well, but as you can imagine, with the wide variety of customization in the Halo Universe, it is hard to codify and plan out for every eventuality. We are always reevaluating our processes and Deployments tend be judged on a case by case basis due to the aforementioned incredibly wide variety of customization available in Multiplayer.

My thoughts would be that we know that the ODSTs on The Ark exhibited Unit logos on their armor, on the left side chest and on the right shoulder:

Ark Chest Logo.jpg
RIght Should Logo.jpg

If someone where to go for Deployment, and hit Tier 3 in terms of Fit/Sizing, Construction, and accuracy of all other details, if the only item not sen on the In Game ODST was one of Our Logos in either of those places, than my recommendation would be it is still Tier 3 as it would fit with the established "lore" of the costume.
Ok, thank you guys for answering my questions. So from what I understand, can I not join a Regiment because I am 16? Or did I misinterpret that. Either way, I will still consider myself part of the 405th, regardless of if I am part of a regiment.

You can join your local Regiment at 16, however, you can not run for Regiment Staff, and you can not go through the Deployment program with your costume. You must be 18 to be on Staff and Deployed.

Additionally, I am moving this thread to the correct Forum, as this is more of a question, not a "Suggestion."

Upvote 0
You can join your local Regiment at 16, however, you can not run for Regiment Staff, and you can not go through the Deployment program with your costume. You must be 18 to be on Staff and Deployed.

Additionally, I am moving this thread to the correct Forum, as this is more of a question, not a "Suggestion."
Ok, thank you. I wasn't planning on going for Regiment Staff anyway. And I don't need to be deployed anytime soon. Also, thank you for mving this to the correct forum. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back