405th Role Play 2 Crit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assassin716 said:
as i said before in the previous review topic, dont give away what you have planned or when you plan to post it, it takes away from the enjoyment

:D Oh, this? This nothing compared to what it WILL be.

Is it just me or is there a serious lack of editing going around the RP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan137 said:
:D Oh, this? This nothing compared to what it WILL be.

Is it just me or is there a serious lack of editing going around the RP?

nope, your right

Please put your time into these posts people, they are meant to be filled with action drama, and suspense

Dont just type a post without adding in spaces and undefinable speakers

dont jumble your words, take time to describe what is going on, if you need help take alook at any of the previous writers, as that is what we are looking at

ps im not attacking anyone, its just that alot of us spend hours on just one post to be as perfect as can be for that day, it would be great if everyone put in all their effort

Assassin716 said:
nope, your right

Please put your time into these posts people, they are meant to be filled with action drama, and suspense

Dont just type a post without adding in spaces and undefinable speakers

dont jumble your words, take time to describe what is going on, if you need help take alook at any of the previous writers, as that is what we are looking at

ps im not attacking anyone, its just that alot of us spend hours on just one post to be as perfect as can be for that day, it would be great if everyone put in all their effort
i know i sit at school and right mine and then let my english teacher read over it to make sure its over, and half the time i right like 4 pages and when i get home somebody posted something messing up mine that i was going to post, oh well at least were getting somewhere on this story. and i have about 20 paper filled with wrighting on the back and front of them that i haven't even used cause we past, that part. (my gosh hell jumper your rank is kinda high don't you think, if you lower your rank you can be in my squad.) its your choice

noobcrusha said:
Hey guys! I just wanted to ask what people think of my writing. And spartan 26, are we getting a new squad member?
i don't know yet but if we do then it will replace SSgt. Smith, its pretty much a drafting, and when ssgt. gets well then we'll have a new member to our platoon :D and for your wrighting its awesome, we've pretty much mainly done this whole mission bye ourselves, "mainly"and no one is posting in it at all since mypost hen i gots home, i guess some people ran out of idea's :D

Name/Rank: Seargeant Chris (Muddy Boots) Michaels
TAG: C21
Current Station: UNSC carrier Hellbringer
Armor Classification: ODST
apperance: shaved, brown hair, with brown eyes
Specaility: Close Combat, Suppression, Infiltration, Long Range support, M12 LRV
Main Weapons of Choice:Battle rifle, Spartan laser, Sniper Rifle
BIO: Raised in the woods of Tennessee Chris was a working man with a nack for rifle skills and quick thinking. Wanting something new from the life he lived, He entered the UNSC armed forces for testing and evaluation. Through rigorous tests and trials he found placement in the ODST branch. Here he feels comfortable with his fellow jumpers. Chris has experienced many missions. He was recently transferred to the UNSC carrier Hellbringer.
His quote: "I dont know why they brought me here...but it must be somethin big."

HELL JUMPER said:
Name/Rank: Seargeant Chris (Muddy Boots) Michaels
TAG: C21
Current Station: UNSC carrier Hellbringer
Armor Classification: ODST
apperance: shaved, brown hair, with brown eyes
Specaility: Close Combat, Suppression, Infiltration, Long Range support, M12 LRV
Main Weapons of Choice:Battle rifle, Spartan laser, Sniper Rifle
BIO: Raised in the woods of Tennessee Chris was a working man with a nack for rifle skills and quick thinking. Wanting something new from the life he lived, He entered the UNSC armed forces for testing and evaluation. Through rigorous tests and trials he found placement in the ODST branch. Here he feels comfortable with his fellow jumpers. Chris has experienced many missions. He was recently transferred to the UNSC carrier Hellbringer.
His quote: "I dont know why they brought me here...but it must be somethin big."
welcome to the 1st platoon

Just a few suggestions for keeping your posts legibile.
1-New paragraphs everytime the story changes setting, speaker, time.
2-Put "Quoteation" marks around speakers.
3-Try to have some way of distinguishing between speakers. Eg:
<blockquote>Speaker 1
Speaker 2
Speaker 3</blockquote>
4-Spell check is your friend.

None of this is directed to anyone at all. Its just a few tips.

HAI GUISE LAWL xD

I went through this morning and read all the posts from start to the last one. So far...I LOVE IT =D

Everyone is making this storyline flow and it definitely has me hooked and it would have me hooked regardless if I was involved or not. You guys are really creative and imaginative and I'm enjoying this whole heartedly =]

Figured it would make a few people happy to know someone is enjoying your creative work.

I still think I suck since I'm trying to find a spot for myself and character LMAO -shifty eyes-

All in all...you guys are ROCKING!!!!

I must regrettably inform everyone that at the moment I am unable to post in this RP. I started a new job this week - and while my job (IT) usually involves just sitting in front of a PC and fixing things answering calls and walk-ins. The new job I took is at a site that is still in disaster recovery from a storm.
There is a whole lot of work to be doing so I don't get the down time required to post I used to have.
Add that with school at nights and most weekdays I'm out of the house from 6AM to 10 oclock PM.
I apologize but this transfer (while unforeseen) is a great opportunity to me and I have to put all my effort into it.
Hopefully I can give posts during the weekends, if I'm not doing projects or homework.

Please let me know how you would like to handle this - I suppose someone assuming control of my characters is best.

Sorry for the double post here folks.
Look forward to seeing a post from me Friday night / Saturday. I'm going to stick in this but I'll just have longer gaps between my posts. I'll do my best to keep up with the story but like I said... I don't have a lot of time. I am writing this from work so maybe the work situation will be more relaxed than I thought and I can write a few posts during the day.

Okay guys, here goes.
So far, I think the RP's going well, aside from a few grammatical mishaps, which can easily be fixed. I do have one major problem though.
What the heck is up with the Squids? Why are we bringing in a new Race to fight or not fight? I can understand if you're just bored with simulations, and want to do some action-y type stuff, noobcrusha and co. are going the right way about it, but introducing another race?
Come on people, can we try to keep it reasonably canon?

Okay, mini-rant over. Sorry if I've annoyed anyone.

i kinda agree with Helios, this is supposed to be Halo Cannon, and from a left off point from Role Play one which meant, and i stated in the sign up you had to read the first one to understand what we're doing. im just waiting for everyone that is supposed to arrive at rendezvous before starting the mission.

i dont understand what some people are doing but this is a role play story of a particular event, namely the "Eagles Strike", that we will begin shortly...hopefully this week

Um...Lee if you read this I guess I'll go ahead with the simulation bit thing if you have no problems with me typing out Antu's involvement.

Aside from that, I've been juggling a new schedule at work that has me all over the shifts there and also meeting up with people on XBL. I should have a post up tomorrow provided I get what I need to get done today.

later tonight we are beginning the attack, ill be hosting a full broadcast system, that way we can begin the strike, in the post will be the planets name that we talked about earlier

Um... Hi, I just re-visited this forum and read the Halo Rp 2, and it is great! I am an official noob to this forum, and I was wondering if I can join the rp this late. If not I'll just wait for the next one. My Character Profile:

Name: Alex "Shadow" Howell
Race: Human
Military Unit: Formerly UNSC 17th Marine Regiment
Skills: Support Sniper (SRS99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle),
Relationships: Sharon - Fiance
Description: Buzz Cut, Green Eyes, Tan Skinned, Scar on his Left Bicep (Hinders movement of the pinky and ring finger), Right Arm has a tattoo("Shadow" in Latin), Of British-Korean Heritage.

Bio: A Veteran of the Battle of Mombasa, he is known for his crack shot and support for his squad, thus nicknaming him the Squad's "Shadow". One of the only people in the 17th Marine Regiment to not have a spotter. He rose through the ranks till he became a Staff Sergeant. During the Battle of Mombasa, one of his best friends was killed by an enemy sniper and he killed the enemy sniper, but failed to notify and cover his squad members of a suicide grunt, which killed the whole squad. Fleeing the scene, he regroups with the 405th Marine Regiment. After the Second Battle of Earth, the UNSC Court Marshaled him, demoting him to the rank of Corporal. His former CO remarked that "In case of emergency, use Shadow". He has suffered minor trauma as he remembers the Squad's loss. Currently has only one relationship: Sharon, who is Alex's Fiance. Family killed during the First Battle of Earth. Current Post: Unassigned. Accuracy Rate: 86 Percent. Uses SRS99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle with an extended clip and an old M6D pistol (Carries around with him). Rarely speaks with people outside his squad or civilians (considered a quiet person).

*Note: Has minor Medical Skills. Used to go to Medical School.

axci1234fire said:
Um... Hi, I just re-visited this forum and read the Halo Rp 2, and it is great! I am an official noob to this forum, and I was wondering if I can join the rp this late. If not I'll just wait for the next one. My Character Profile:

Name: Alex "Shadow" Howell
Race: Human
Military Unit: Formerly UNSC 17th Marine Regiment
Skills: Support Sniper (SRS99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle),
Relationships: Sharon - Fiance
Description: Buzz Cut, Green Eyes, Tan Skinned, Scar on his Left Bicep (Hinders movement of the pinky and ring finger), Right Arm has a tattoo("Shadow" in Latin), Of British-Korean Heritage.

Bio: A Veteran of the Battle of Mombasa, he is known for his crack shot and support for his squad, thus nicknaming him the Squad's "Shadow". One of the only people in the 17th Marine Regiment to not have a spotter. He rose through the ranks till he became a Staff Sergeant. During the Battle of Mombasa, one of his best friends was killed by an enemy sniper and he killed the enemy sniper, but failed to notify and cover his squad members of a suicide grunt, which killed the whole squad. Fleeing the scene, he regroups with the 405th Marine Regiment. After the Second Battle of Earth, the UNSC Court Marshaled him, demoting him to the rank of Corporal. His former CO remarked that "In case of emergency, use Shadow". He has suffered minor trauma as he remembers the Squad's loss. Currently has only one relationship: Sharon, who is Alex's Fiance. Family killed during the First Battle of Earth. Current Post: Unassigned. Accuracy Rate: 86 Percent. Uses SRS99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle with an extended clip and an old M6D pistol (Carries around with him). Rarely speaks with people outside his squad or civilians (considered a quiet person).

*Note: Has minor Medical Skills. Used to go to Medical School.

Hey its cool to get new people but before you join you need to do a few things, im sorry to say but need to at least read through the first 405th Role Play its a little long but a normal reader should be able to finish in 2hours tops, i finished in 45 mins going though it again.

as for joining this roleplay you filled out most of the appropriate information except to which UNSC ship your character is assigned to, pick one of the ships at the beginning of this topic and inform the author that owns the ship, that ull be interacting with his characters. that should be about it

Also, this RP takes place about 20-25 years after Halo 3. So if your character was in New Mombasa, he'd be about 45-50 years old. You may consider revising. And your character sounds almost exactly like the sniper in my squad, Anderson! I bet Shadow is more of a badass, though. As for a ship, why don't you use the Humble Sovereign? I'm the only RP-er on it right now, and you could be just what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back