5 Ft Tall Gundam Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

thingking2

ive have recently come across a 42 cm tall gundam RX-78 model and ive decided to bump it up mainly cuz i want a 5 ft tall gundam as soon as i finish the unfold so it fits nicely on the paper and doesnt use 472 pages i will gladly post all the vids im about 50 % done with the unfold and will prob be done by monday or tuesday and will begin production around thursday when i can afford more paper =( so lame broke college student i will be giving the model away for free as soon as i figure out how to do so lemme know if anybody thinks of another model or anything they want enlarged i got the free time

take it easy fellas stay strong make that armor baby

sorry fellas i was in the process

heres some photos of the actual pep model im still working on the unfold like i said should be done with the unfold in no time then some serious cut and paste

IMG_0156.jpg

just to give you an idea of the amount of pages 458

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

and heres a photo of the full body

IMG_0155.jpg

wow those are alot of pieces /pages

with all those pieces/pages and work you should just scale it bigger and make the suit wearable?

would be cool

i agree i may get to that one day lol im just shy of 6 ft but for some reason i really really want a little guy like the show sd gundam dont ask me why im just crazy like that lol and yeah as you can see a ton of pages i am prob gonna be able to bring it down to about 400 maybe 350 if im lucky but no matter what its going to be alot of paper and super glue i plan on fiberglassing it and making it so if it falls o well paper will prob fall apart pretty easily without some reinforcement

It almost looks to me that a lot of this could be scratch built using cardboard since many parts of the armor have a "boxy" shape to them and not too many rounded/curved areas. The helmet could be pepped and it almost looks like you would even be able to get away without using bondo for it as well.

This almost makes me want to do a gundam costume! :D haha

I recently built a 4 foot gundam for my shop but it didnt turn out so well so I abandoned the project but good luck.

if u want the truth about the find i franticly looked and looked and looked for models mainly cuz i was bored and i saw the one built in japan for the 30th anniversary of gundam but i believe you can easily do it if you just enlarge it a bit more then only problem would be scaling since they are built with their own joints i also have a few 3ds models but i dunno what to do with those if you guys want to try making a pep file lemme know ill shoot you an email with the file attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back