5N0Wm4N's Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys, thats what I thought...I'm going to do the other 3 chest pieces and then see if it looks right, but i'll probably just redo the chest plate.

5N0WM4N said:
thanks guys, thats what I thought...I'm going to do the other 3 chest pieces and then see if it looks right, but i'll probably just redo the chest plate.

I guess the whole thing is if your doing a non-Halo 3:ODST armor. If your doing like a WETA or...a Halo 2. I believe that there is 3 pieces to the chest. The Halo 3: ODST, for example my Dutch armor I'm working on, just has the one big piece. At least that's what I have been getting from looking at the ODST threads and ref pics. I could be wrong...but that's my opinion. Hope it helps.

-Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going for the halo 3 odst, but i meant the other 3 pieces that go on the chest, the side plates and the center piece that go below the chest plate

5N0WM4N said:
Im going for the halo 3 odst, but i meant the other 3 pieces that go on the chest, the side plates and the center piece that go below the chest plate

DylanMarx said:
I think he means the eqipment plates.

Yeah I just re-read it all..haha wow thats my moment for the day! Yeah man it's looking good then. It could be a tad bigger..but I honestly wouldnt worry about it. The bondo and finalizing will add some volume to it. =]

-Loki

Nice work lol but yeah as soon as it decides to stop raining I'll be out there fiberglassing and resining...

5N0WM4N said:
Nice work lol but yeah as soon as it decides to stop raining I'll be out there fiberglassing and resining...

Man...yeah its going to start snowing here any day now =[ Im going to build a fiberglass curing box...its going to be a box with a couple space heaters. =] Its about all I can do...fiberglass and bondo dont cure so well in 30 degree Fahrenheit weather.. hah :p

-Loki

yeah its supposed to snow this weekend...urgh. well im plannin on taking over my friends garage and borrowing his space heaters (he has 4) so hopefully it will stay dry enough and warm enough. damn minnesota.

well...I'd try doing the chest plate or a smaller piece so you can get the hang of pepping etc, and i'd recommend cutting everything out with an exacto, then scoring with the back of the blade and a ruler then getting a friend of yours' and gluing, one of you glues the tabs, and the other holds the piece and then puts the tabs together. give that a shot :)

Looks great so far! I was planning on doing an ODST uniform of my own, but I heard that the helmet isn't really recommended for your first build,but after seeing how well yours is turning out I may give it a try.

well just give it a shot! theres not much hurt in trying :) cept some wasted cardstock, and wasted time i suppose lol

Have you been to Marscon? It's a sci-fi convention in March in Bloomington. Be a great place to showcase your armor

(or any costume really...) when it's done! Looking forward to seeing your updates!

PS: I agree that the chest plates need to be bigger. ;)

Personally I havent been to marscon but I've heard of it and considered going, I'll definitely try my best to be there in costume (knock on wood) this year! I'll post pics of my fiberglassing and resining stages tomorrow.

Trickster Loki said:
Unless I'm mistaken..isnt there 3 parts to the ODST chest area? The center, the left and right? If thats the case then this piece is actually to big if you want to have the two pieces on the side. If I'm losing my mind..then yeah it needs to be a bit bigger. But way to go so far! I love the multi-color'd-ness :pYeah I was wrong. It needs to be bigger :p

-Loki

the chest pieces are glued together

ummm noo....its the "new Halo 3 ODST" Chest plate, its one piece, not like the "WETA" Odst chest plate which is 3 pieces.

well i have a little update folks, will have more by this weekend, i gotta get some bondo, and then imma rondo my helmet. but until then I have the chest and belt glassed and resined heres the pics

Photo-0055.jpg
SAFETY FIRST KIDS

Photo-0056.jpg

Photo-0059.jpg

Photo-0060.jpg

PS: thanks loki for the idea on the rondoing the helm.

go go ODST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back