5th Element Copied By Halo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseguy04

Ok, so yesterday i was watchin one of my favorite movies, the 5th Element, and I noticed that in one scene, the main character, Bruce Willis, used a grenade exactly identical to the Halo 3 spike grenade, and the alien mercenaries used assault rifles very similar to the designs of the Brute shot. I thought it looked pretty cool, so i thought i post it.
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I tried searching. Either i suck at searching (probably the case) or its not there, so please post a link if you shoot me down. Thanks! :p

Spike grenade:
5th3l3m3ntgrenade.jpg

Spike_Grenade_Header.jpg

brute shot:
5thelementgun.jpg

300px-Brute_Shot_Header.jpg

not these specific refrences have been posted before. but it has been said many times where bungie got their influences from past movies and comics, so it is very possible that they were inspired by the movie, but i would say copy is a harsh word.

Bungie also had some inspirations from the Bible :p
John 1:17 I think... Friendly has posted about this before....

Dreadnought of Fury said:
Fifth Element kicked ass :D
Yes. Yes, it does.

Bungie got a lot of their 'inspiration' from sci-fi movies. It's been discussed before, although, I don't remember The 5th Element being mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught this a while ago, but couldn't find any pics of the 5th element spike grenade to post here.

Good find. There are certainly lots of these similarities that Bungie drew on when designing the Halo Universe. They're all fans of Sci Fi movies, and have stated that they intentionally put many homages to these films in their games.

Sean Bradley said:
I caught this a while ago, but couldn't find any pics of the 5th element spike grenade to post here.
Neither could i, so i had to prntscreen a still image from a youtube vid

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back