95% Finished Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

janpan

My armor was 95% complete for Halloween, here's the helmet. I still have to add 2nd visor overlay, and led lights, but what do you think?

HELLMMMM.jpg

Murakumo said:
looks great
whats it made of?

It's fiberglassed mat board. One layer of primer, one layer of gold, one layer of green, primer for detail.
Here's a pic of what it was before fiberglass and paint
P1060225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Nice! Did you print onto the mat board with pepakura or cut them out with ref. pics or what?

I didn't use pepakura because I honestly don't get it. It was all freehand using reference pics.

Janpan said:
I didn't use pepakura because I honestly don't get it. It was all freehand using reference pics.

Even Nicer! But what pepakura is is that it makes a 3d image made of polygons then breaks it down into sheets you can print and then assemble to create the 3D image ... pretty simple stuff actually

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Even Nicer! But what pepakura is is that it makes a 3d image made of polygons then breaks it down into sheets you can print and then assemble to create the 3D image ... pretty simple stuff actually

Yea the concept is simple, but all that cutting and gluing and folding looks annoying, not to mention all those little numbers you have to match up. Just not my style, I always seem to find a way to screw up even the most simplest things heh heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back