A 405th Gaming Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastSpartan

Sr Member
Hi people.

I was checking this out lately and I tought it would be really good. We could have our own Counter-Strike Source server, for playing between us and others, sharing what a great community is the 405th.

For exemple, for a 66 tick server with 10 player max, with 2 admins at 5$/month, we could have our server, with fun maps, special skins for admins (see picture below) and such. If more people are interested at being admin, we could get like a 24 place server and the more admins we have, each one would pay less.

61263.jpg

Anyone would like this?

LastSpartan said:
Hi people.

I was checking this out lately and I tought it would be really good. We could have our own Counter-Strike Source server, for playing between us and others, sharing what a great community is the 405th.

For exemple, for a 66 tick server with 10 player max, with 2 admins at 5$/month, we could have our server, with fun maps, special skins for admins (see picture below) and such. If more people are interested at being admin, we could get like a 24 place server and the more admins we have, each one will pay less.

61263.jpg

Anyone would like this?

Sounds great!

I don't quite understand how it works but I like the sound of it :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a 10-place server costs 15$/month + installation fee.

If I pay 5, you pay 5 and someone else pay 5. We pay for the server. And I would give admin rights to all three of us.

Admin rights are like you can kick someone, ban someone, change the map, etc. Also with a reserved slot. So if the server is 10/10 (full) it automaticly kicks someone out so you can enter.

A 24-place server is 35$/month + installation fee.

So 7 admins paying 5. for Example.

If we get 10 admins for a 10-place server, each one would have to pay 1$/month

EDIT : And I could use my website to set up a FastDownload. So it would be quite good.

I think its a good idea. I'd love to volunteer.

I'll need to find a steady source of money, but I've got the time to admin.

Okay guys and gals, for a limited time offer, we can have a 20-slot server public hosted in New York for 19.99 when it's normally 29.99.

Would mean I would need 3 admins at 5$

It's time to choose :D

For those hesitating, we can pay month by month so if you don't like it for some reason, you can opt out and I'll lower the slot number for the next month.

[attachment=6626:Achievement.aspx.jpg]

For some reason I am not thinking you will have anymore then 10 people in the server. But yeah, They made Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista for a reason ;).

I could always be wrong though.

-Doom

Yeah but the server would not be password protected so everyone could come and play. We can also put the 405th banner in the "Message of the Day" (That's when you join the server, it pops up) and on the maps.

LastSpartan said:
Okay guys and gals, for a limited time offer, we can have a 20-slot server public hosted in New York for 19.99 when it's normally 29.99.

Would mean I would need 3 admins at 5$

It's time to choose :D

For those hesitating, we can pay month by month so if you don't like it for some reason, you can opt out and I'll lower the slot number for the next month.

[attachment=6626:Achievement.aspx.jpg]

Ahh right...hmmmmm..

So do I have to be in the US to do this then?

And how do we pay?

I still love the idea,, but I might be a bit stuck seeing as I live on the other side of the pond! :(

When the server is hosted on US territory, it just means it will be faster for people living near where it is hosted. You will be able to play from the other side of the "pond" :)

Well I'll wait for the "Ok" from the mods or Adam, but Paypal, Money order or checks or hugs :p

And you wouldn't have to pay me directly if you use paypal. The host I'm plan on using have a system where you pay directly.

LastSpartan said:
When the server is hosted on US territory, it just means it will be faster for people living near where it is hosted. You will be able to play from the other side of the "pond" :)

Well I'll wait for the "Ok" from the mods or Adam, but Paypal, Money order or checks or hugs :p

Right, ok,,

I might be struggling though peeps,, I wont be able to use any of those payment methods without 'causin suspicion' lol.
My folks dont even know I'm on the 405th lmao!

I'd kill to do this though,, If the 405th is still around in about 3 years when I have my own place then Im DEFO in! :lol:

LastSpartan said:
Well it's cheaper than an Xbox live suscription ^^

I nooooo,, payin for XBL is such a pain!

I'll try n sweet-talk my Dad into lettin me do this,, but he'll probs say no and kill me neways!

Worth a try though :]

Ill probs leave a post here 2moro when I've asked :]

Well if you can't pay, it's not bad at all. You can still play :p Thanks for your interest. I might buy it with my small budget right now.

Also for those who may ask if I know what I'm doing, well yeah, I know what I'm doing. I've been admin for several years, played on the counter-strike franchise for 8 years, managed websites.

LastSpartan said:
Well if you can't pay, it's not bad at all. You can still play :p Thanks for your interest. I might buy it with my small budget right now.

Also for those who may ask if I know what I'm doing, well yeah, I know what I'm doing. I've been admin for several years, played on the counter-strike franchise for 8 years, managed websites.

Cool lol :p To be honest I could pay,, Its just that If I did I'd risk bein able to stay on the 405th (I probs sound like a right goody goody!) Cos I'd have to use paypal, nd thats my Dads..so then I'd have to explain why I was usin it and he'd kill me for joinin the forums in the first place! (they strict wiv the internet,, think its dangerous,, nd its teh sux)

Still, its an awwsome idea,, nd I'd love to play! (as long as you don't mind pink spartans :p)

LastSpartan said:

Well, at least ONE of us knows what to do!

One thing we'll need to worry about is a possible lack of people playing. LastSpartan, you know as well as I that there are bunches of empty servers in the CounterStrike:Source lists.

How'll we get people?

EDIT: I'm not trying to shoot this down, I just don't want someone to waste money if we get this and no-one plays!

Well that's how the 405th name could come handy. If we tell HBO that the 405th have a server up and running for halo fans etc. It might help. Also. I can put some bots in the server when no one is playing so if you look at the server, it would say 18/20 players, you join and all the bots leave. More people will come that way.

And if we have cool Admin skins, people will come :lol:

Also, a lot of server are not tracking their servers on websites like http://www.gametracker.com/

It does help to get more people because you can join a server from the website. (It's a really cool feature btw) ^^

EDIT : And I know S-137, but I'm sure people would play. The trick is. Not too much downloadable stuff. Like no stupid sounds. Just admin skins ^^

EDIT 2 : And that's why also that we can try for one month. If people are not satisfied, it's just 5$ lost, not 60.

LastSpartan said:
Well that's how the 405th name could come handy. If we tell HBO that the 405th have a server up and running for halo fans etc. It might help. Also. I can put some bots in the server when no one is playing so if you look at the server, it would say 18/20 players, you join and all the bots leave. More people will come that way.

And if we have cool Admin skins, people will come :lol:

Also, a lot of server are not tracking their servers on websites like http://www.gametracker.com/
It does help to get more people because you can join a server from the website. (It's a really cool feature btw) ^^

EDIT : And I know S-137, but I'm sure people would play. The trick is. Not too much downloadable stuff. Like no stupid sounds. Just admin skins ^^

EDIT 2 : And that's why also that we can try for one month. If people are not satisfied, it's just 5$ lost, not 60.

That makes sense to me. Fool enough people into playing w/ bots, you should have a popular server. LOL. I never even thought of it.

First month makes sense to me.

Adam or the mods, is it ok with you? If so, I might order it tonight so we would have by next week (Damn e-checks)

Also, can it be moved to 405th discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back