A Beginning of an Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

imMonkeyGOD

Now that I'm done with my helmet and I don't plan to work on the rest of the armor till Spring (Too cold for resin and fiberglass to dry)

I want to make my very own Assault Rifle and Energy Sword!

Only problem is I barely have any money left. ($85)

I am a bit low on supplies (Not a lot of resin left, probably 1 or 2 ounces of resin left) Only got around 20 pages of cardstock. No more fiberglass cloth. Where did this all go? Helmet and parts of the armor.

For the Assault Rifle, I really want to achieve as good as Link's Assault Rifle (Everyone obviously know who he is) :p
Can it be done by Pepakura and Cardboard? Oh yeah, does anyone have a simplified model of the Assualt Rifle? When I opened a file for it...there was so much pieces...

Also, the Energy Sword is a bit difficult to do I noticed. The handle part should be easy (Pepakura, I rely on that a lot) But now the sword itself. I don't think I can afford glass or anything fancy. :p But I don't even know what it's made out of.
If there is a cheap alternative, can anyone tell. I was thinking of using Plastic but not sure where I could even find flat plastic.

Thanks.
~imMonkeyGOD

xalener said:
Well, the energy sword isn't flat.
If your talking about the handle of the Energy Sword, I know that duh :p

Also, if your talking about the blade, it makes life a lot easier for me to make it flat so blarg.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a model of the assult rifle, it wasnt mine to start with but i edited it up a bit. send me a pm if your intrested. its pretty easy, about 25 pages of paper.

flying_squirrel made one here.

PICS
AssaultRifle.jpg

AssaultRiflePieces.jpg

i think most people use plexiglass for the blade, and its really cheap too. Your local Lowes (Or home depot if you have to)

Robogenisis said:
flying_squirrel made one here.

PICS
AssaultRifle.jpg

AssaultRiflePieces.jpg

THANK YOU. Everything else was too detailed and made too many pieces that I really didn't need. This is just right. ;-)
I just wanted to know...is it properly scaled right?

i think most people use plexiglass for the blade, and its really cheap too. Your local Lowes (Or home depot enforcer.gif if you have to)

Hm I think I'll use that :p What would be the cheapest way to cut plexiglass :p

imMonkeyGOD said:
Hm I think I'll use that :p What would be the cheapest way to cut plexiglass :p

plex is as easy to cut as wood. fastest way would be a bansaw, cheapest would probably be a hacksaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back