A Bit Of Inspiration: My Mate Driving Weta's Warthog

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate just had a read of this thread.

To answer the question about seatbelts, he says he doesn't remember if it had them but if it did they certainly didn't wear them! :D

Nice to know mine will be a little bit safer then! ;)

I hope mine looks anywhere near as good as that when we've completed ours. I have high hopes - though I doubt the cabin of mine will have quite so many LEDs. :)

This is awesome! Now, I know the Hog and some weapons were used in the H3 promotional vid with the Brutes, ODSTs, and Marines, but are they making a movie with these? I heard Peter Jackson is directing a Halo movie...

The movie isn't happening, well at least not the movie that was going to be made.

p0rtalman said:
The movie isn't happening, well at least not the movie that was going to be made.
Yeah, I don't know how something like that could have fallen through, it had such potential. But there is a definite future to the series, so they would be crazy not to make a movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
papamurf812 said:
Yeah, I don't know how something like that could have fallen through, it had such potential. But there is a definite future to the series, so they would be crazy not to make a movie.
Like I mentioned previously, the studios backing the project pulled their money out because 'officially' the budget was spiralling out of control.

'Unofficially' they were not confident with Peter Jackson's choice of director (he was only going to produce).

I can see how, with the original Garland screenplay, Blomkamp's style would not necessarily lend itself. But then as with all things, artistic style and artistic vision vary between directors.

If the Halo film had been like the Landfall shorts throughout I think people might have gotten bored/irritated by the style implemented. It's great for 10 minutes max but after that point you long for a clearer view of things. If I were in their position I would have gone out of my way to try and get Zack Snyder.

Peter Cooper said:
I can see how, with the original Garland screenplay, Blomkamp's style would not necessarily lend itself. But then as with all things, artistic style and artistic vision vary between directors.

If the Halo film had been like the Landfall shorts throughout I think people might have gotten bored/irritated by the style implemented. It's great for 10 minutes max but after that point you long for a clearer view of things. If I were in their position I would have gone out of my way to try and get Zack Snyder.

Ditto. He'd be pretty sweet. Especially after seeing what he's done with 300 and Watchmen (which I hope gets released... Stupid studios)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back