Incorrect cadpat! Hurray!
I couldn't find anything close to the right light green and brown to do for the pattern. and I had to rush the paintjob to be ready for tomorrow (IE, I spent 20 minutes on it)
Individually each part looks like total ass, but when I put them together it is an impressive sight.
I still have to figure out a strapping system for tomorrow. Add the soft parts (neck seal, thigh plates) and stencil on a Canadian flag on the back. (GO CANADA GO)
It's a cross between the Mark 6 (halo 2) and the Mark 5 (halo 1) I already had the helmet and shins assembled when I started the Mark 5, so I just kept those pieces to speed the process up. I also decided to use the Mark 6 thigh pieces because the Mark 5 ones look painfully comfortable. I made the Patterns from the 3D model myself for all the Mark 5 pieces. You can get them in this thread.
Here are some development pictures.
<div align="center">The Detailing on the helmet. Try this yourself, it's way better than bondo. Just if you have time, please sand the corners down and put in some body filler in the gaps. I didn't have time, but it would make it look 100% better.
All my plants are now lightly coated in resin and spraypaint!
Helmet being primed
Nearly finished helmet. The face shield is a lexan safetly shield I got for 5 dollars. Cutting lexan is DIFFICULT, EVEN WITH A DREMEL. I still need to put the cardboard pattern painted gold on it. (I happened to have some gold paint left over from my other spartan helmet.*
The other spartan helmet*
<div align='left'>There you go.
Last edited by a moderator: