Props A Few Things On The Horizon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC Chris said:
Really thought this whole process through, now the only thing you still should try to make is a rocket launcher :dee:

Well, of course! Don't want to be going into this with any half-brained schemes, lol.

Having been in the whole prop building/collecting hobby for about seven years now, I've gained a lot in knowledge, experience and skill, so I know how to go about such things.

After all that time, I would hope so anyway, heh.

Although not one of the items shown or at all mentioned, I have been contemplating also scratch-building a SPNKR rocket launcher.

The two firing tubes would be simple enough (PVC piping), but as for the "body" of it, where the missile rounds are loaded... sheet styrene would be one possible option.

I'll manage to figure something out when the time comes, and that won't be some time until most of my other planned HALO props are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea sounds good, and the idea of it becoming a fire work launcher was my idea, (spartan 110 is my younger brother and took the idea from me). And i didnt know you've been design props for seven years. I would start designing my rocket (fire work) launcher but im too busy right now and will have to wait till august to start. well i'll be watching your progress on your weapons.

See Hes got a sibling on the same computer: ok back on topic....A firework launching Rocket Launcher would be sweet! I would make the sniper shoot bottle rockets<the good kind not the cheap kind> they go modestly far.Or you can get the huge bottle rockets...those are fun to play with but only comes in packs of 8 I think.

MC Chris said:
Yea sounds good, and the idea of it becoming a fire work launcher was my idea, (spartan 110 is my younger brother and took the idea from me). And i didnt know you've been design props for seven years. I would start designing my rocket (fire work) launcher but im too busy right now and will have to wait till august to start. well i'll be watching your progress on your weapons.

Yeah, I've been in the hobby for a while now, and have become rather good at it, from what others tell me. I got started with Star Trek props, but in the last couple years have begun dabbling in other genres of props (Anime, HALO).

Granted, most of my prop collection still consists of Trek items (ie. Phasers, Tricorders, etc.), but bit by bit I'm diversifying it to include others. It's been a fun and interesting transition, to say the least. Sometimes kind of expensive too, lol.

I couldn't say at this point if I'll be incorporating any functionality to the ones I'll be making... well, aside from super-bright LEDs in the Plasma Sword and maybe an infrared or laser-dot sight on the BR. Other than that, though, I don't know if I'll put any working components in.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see... :notme:

I would like to say that shooting bottle rockets out of any replica weapon is not only dangerous to you and your target, but will probably be seriously detrimental to your replica.

Scoring, scorching, charring, melting, and just generally sooting it up if not completely slagging it. Plus if the round accidentally gets stuck in the weapon it could be like an over-sized fragmentation grenade.

Seriously, I'd advise against trying to conduct bottle-rocket wars with replicas.

To the OP, I'd be concerned about the front prongs of the plasma sword fracturing off from ill handling and structural stresses causing issues with the sharp angles.

FinAeros said:
I would like to say that shooting bottle rockets out of any replica weapon is not only dangerous to you and your target, but will probably be seriously detrimental to your replica.

Scoring, scorching, charring, melting, and just generally sooting it up if not completely slagging it. Plus if the round accidentally gets stuck in the weapon it could be like an over-sized fragmentation grenade.

Seriously, I'd advise against trying to conduct bottle-rocket wars with replicas.

To the OP, I'd be concerned about the front prongs of the plasma sword fracturing off from ill handling and structural stresses causing issues with the sharp angles.

I have thought about the whole melting and the getting stuck part though. I thought before i do any extensive making i test size PVC pipes and ways to make the fire work shoot consistantly. unfortuneatly i cant right now because im too busy and wont be until august.

I am just Blown away by these amazing designs.

Very well done 2 thumbs up (y) (y)

Do you mind if I use both of your Pistol designs?

Thanks for the kind words, Iceman. Can you believe I drafted these mostly by eye, using only very limited reference material and some vague measurements? Heh heh.

By all means, feel free to use my schematics. As with everyone else who's requested these, PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you copies for your own use (don't have them scanned into my computer, so I can't send them through that medium)... ;)

Wow... I really hadn't expected my work to be so popular. All told so far from requests made here in this thread and straight through PM's:

+ Sniper Rifle (HALO version)
+ Sniper Rifle (HALO 2 version), BR-55
+ AR, BR-55, SMGs (which I haven't even drawn yet, lol), two copies of each
+ AR, M6D, BR-55, Magnum
+ AR
+ AR, M6D
+ M6D, Magnum

Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while, heh.

At the rate I'm going just with making copies of my originals and shipping them off, many of you will probably be done your first HALO prop builds (based on my schematics) before I do, lol.

Thanks to everyone for thier interest. It really means a lot to me to know that people really like what I've done so far. Just wait until you guys see what I do with the physical models *wink*.

Having only been a member here a short while, I'm glad I can be of help to the community... :awesome:

Well your drawings like most people said are amazing, and you did say you've been making props for 7 years so it's going to most likely turn out well for you.

Well, I'm just very fortunate to be both skilled in prop building as well as be naturally artistically inclined. Having both really helps in the hobby, as it allows more for one's creativity to take shape.

I can envision what it is I want to scratch-build, put it down on paper, and from some base materials give it physical form.

And, I'm pleased to say, all of my previous scratch-builds were made to exacting standards; each piece I've done in this manner was precise to the size, shape and measurements of the orignial schematic(s) I drafted for those projects.

Then again, I am a real stickler for detail and accuracy, so I guess that shouldn't be too surprising... lol

SPARTAN II said:
Well, I'm just very fortunate to be both skilled in prop building as well as be naturally artistically inclined. Having both really helps in the hobby, as it allows more for one's creativity to take shape.

I can envision what it is I want to scratch-build, put it down on paper, and from some base materials give it physical form.

And, I'm pleased to say, all of my previous scratch-builds were made to exacting standards; each piece I've done in this manner was precise to the size, shape and measurements of the orignial schematic(s) I drafted for those projects.

Then again, I am a real stickler for detail and accuracy, so I guess that shouldn't be too surprising... lol :mrgreen:

Like wise, i always try to get things to absolute detail, i am only 15 but i've had my share or building something from nothing

First off, an update... with an apology.

To everyone who's asked for copies of my schematics, I regret to admit that I haven't been able to get much work done on those requests/orders *frowns*.

The reason for that being, I moved into a new place a couple weeks back, and so have been spending a good deal of my time organizing everything here.

Also, things have been crazy busy at work lately, and as such I've been having to put in some long hours there (for example, got home from work at 11:00PM last night), so by the time I get home I pretty much just head to bed.

I do wholeheartedly apologize for the delay, fellas. I'm going to see about using a friend's scanner (as I don't have a working one of my own right now) to speed up the process and get your schematics to you sooner.

It would clearly be quicker then to simply PM or e-mail the schematics to everyone than mail them, especially given the amount of time it's taking to draft each copy. If I can simply send them that way (as some had originally requested, anyway), I will.

So, please just be patient a little while longer, folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back