A Halo 4 ODST Concept Helmet Collaboration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow! i just finished pepping hugh's helmet. looks like i have to pep another one. lol. this is outstanding! i love the helmet design.

yeah the normal ODST is good and all but come on look what some ODST did dutch made his into a skull, plus one might of customized his to look that way.

AAAAAAAnd, cue pic-heavy update!

I've uploaded the obj file at the end of the post, but for now you can look at the pretty pictures.

In these images, I've modified some parts of Harnor's original helmet file, starting with simple geometry and moving onto making major edits in detail.

So here we go!

Here is a perspective shot of a teporarilly color-schemed helmet, with some modifications in play.
Untitled.jpg

You can see that I added a few parts, extruded the filter/speaker/whateveryouwantotcallit area so that anyone building, resining and detailing it would have an easier go. I also added on the top half an impression like the ODST helm from H3/ODST/Reach, and so on to give it more of its feel.

Untitled2.jpg

Here's a portrait shot, with some edits to the black indentation underneath the visor, and another view of the whatchamacallits.

Untitled7.jpg

Another perspective showcasing the jaw area...

Untitled3.jpg

Another shot here...

Untitled6.jpg

Ok, here's a bottom view of the helmet, and I know there isn't a neck-gaurd attached yet. But in this image, You can see the chin area that the wearer's chin is supposed to be concealed of protected by, and the ridgeline for the bottom of the helmet, which I fleshed out just a bit to give it some supportive form.

And here's a shot of my test-run:
Untitled4.jpg

A custom color scheme of my potential Mk V set, topped off with a scaled helmet from which I have based the rest of the build on. That there is S-329, ya'll!

And the recent shots, depicting a final paint-color scheme in which the white and light grey are customizable (you know what I mean).
Untitled11.jpg

So as this is the latest model, mods include the changing of the front helmet ridge, slight changes to the now-attached armor re-inforcements, and inclusion of the rear neck gaurd.

Untitled10.jpg

Here's a front shot to show you more of what I'm talking about.

Untitled111.jpg

Aaaand another...

Untitled12.jpg

Here's a shot of the back of the helmet, which I wanted to give a traditional ODST feel. The neck-gaurd may look shortened, but it allows for ease of putting it on and removal.
I've also modified the rear armor plate to give it a more rounded and industrial feel.

Untitled8.jpg

Here's the top shot, where you can see the mods to the up-armor better. Note that I made the front plate appear more like something out of Reach.
Also didn't change much else in regards to the back of the helmet, so I think that works just fine, eh.

And last, but not least:
Untitled9.jpg

A profile view of the finished helmet, scaled out so that you can fit your head, no matter what size it may be, into it.

EDIT:

And here's the file:
http://www.4shared.com/file/OSsHrcBn/H4_ODST_Concept_Helmet.html

Note: It may be scaled to 298mm, or cm, I forget which...

Anyway, let me know what you guys think of the changes, paint-scheme and so on and so forth.
Thank's for the opportunity to work together, let's put this bad boy into gear and build a new helmet!

Good luck,

Oash-Koash, out.

unfolded yet?

Awesome man, this is definitely going in my ODST build. The breather vents will make this super comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Any chance a scale tester was made?

It's currently scaled under 300mm, and is already unfolded. I never got a chance to build it out myself, though.

I believe you may be onto something... :O
I may actually make this, and test it out and stuff. This looks really interesting!

Onto the topic at hand, well done everyone! Helmet looks great, and halo 4-like! Only problem I have is that it looks too much like the halo 1 helmet from the front, but that's not too much of an issue at all :)

I was thinking about the odst in halo 4 and why you dont see them, they could have been disband with the creation of spartan 4's so all odst armor would just be personally upgraded. Just a thought

I am currently cutting out the H3 ODST files on my cnc machine....but i can sure change gears for a project like this :)

I was thinking about the odst in halo 4 and why you dont see them, they could have been disband with the creation of spartan 4's so all odst armor would just be personally upgraded. Just a thought

tbh i figured something like this too given the "recruit" helmet is very similar. And how the new SIV's enlist rather than are conscripted.

or the odst are off fighting covenent whil the Spartans look for chief

or the odst are off fighting covenent whil the Spartans look for chief

Unless 343 decided to rape the Halo Universe further. I mean they already killed off Kortana, and took all the helmets from practical style helmets to more of a japanesse anima style. Very frustrated with it and I'm hating just about all the Halo 4 armor variants.

As for the concept ODST 4 helmet. Very impressed with everyones work and I may swap helmets for my ODST project.

Unless 343 decided to rape the Halo Universe further. I mean they already killed off Kortana, and took all the helmets from practical style helmets to more of a japanesse anima style. Very frustrated with it and I'm hating just about all the Halo 4 armor variants.

Exactly my thinking here. I love the detail in the game, but the only armor that looks like "Halo" is Chief's, in my opinion (there's one with a "horn" on the front. Wtf is that?). I honestly don't like any of the multiplayer helmets besides Wetworks. =\ And I love ODSTs the most, and to hear they don't show up in Halo 4 made me a little discouraged. I kinda want to go back and run around in Halo 3: ODST since the last time I played xbox was over a year ago... I LOVED how I was free to explore any and all of the city as much as I wanted. Covenant would occasionally spawn in, which removed the feeling of loneliness as I knew around some corner, I had some baddies to fight =P ODSTs are my favorite military "class" in the Halo Universe, and to see them revoked makes me sad D: Perhaps us Troopers in 405th should put our foot in the door and collaborate to come up with a whole ODST design involving what we have here, and perhaps a few armor piece variants as well if gets far enough =]

Exactly my thinking here. I love the detail in the game, but the only armor that looks like "Halo" is Chief's, in my opinion (there's one with a "horn" on the front. Wtf is that?). I honestly don't like any of the multiplayer helmets besides Wetworks. =\ And I love ODSTs the most, and to hear they don't show up in Halo 4 made me a little discouraged. I kinda want to go back and run around in Halo 3: ODST since the last time I played xbox was over a year ago... I LOVED how I was free to explore any and all of the city as much as I wanted. Covenant would occasionally spawn in, which removed the feeling of loneliness as I knew around some corner, I had some baddies to fight =P ODSTs are my favorite military "class" in the Halo Universe, and to see them revoked makes me sad D: Perhaps us Troopers in 405th should put our foot in the door and collaborate to come up with a whole ODST design involving what we have here, and perhaps a few armor piece variants as well if gets far enough =]
that sounds pretty good, im not very good with concept of an existing armor part but if people get some drawings out i can definitely model them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back