A question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima

Jr Member
I used plaster of paris for my helmet, and found it brittle and heavy. Not only that, but it made my helmet crooked as well. I was thinking of maybe getting resin or bondo. But I dont want to use the actual fiber glass. Will resin work by itself?

Thanks for the links sean. I don't want anything overly complex at the mmoment. I am just experimenting with this pepakura armor before going into probably full fledged armor.

link4044 said:
you still need the glass, just resin itself will be brittle

you are incorrect! resin does not drie brittle, ok its not as strong if you dont use fiberglass. but with 2-3 coats the helmets does become hard. i used 1 coat of resin on my pep helmet and i noticed a huge difference in the strength....

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
link4044 said:
you still need the glass, just resin itself will be brittle

you are incorrect! resin does not drie brittle, ok its not as strong if you dont use fiberglass. but with 2-3 coats the helmets does become hard. i used 1 coat of resin on my pep helmet and i noticed a huge difference in the strength....

OK does your helmet flex?what materail are you putting the resin on? your helmet will crack if you dont reinfoce it

Last edited by a moderator:
i made my helmet out of card stock,thn resined it expanding foamed the inside (wich gave it more strength) and then i bondo'd the helmet in places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back