A request above all requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDCrockr209

What was the first thing that we have ever wanted to be when this Epic forum was first made? The Chief...right? We all fought the Covenant as well as our friends when it came time to play in muliplayer, but something happend that changed our lives forever. Halo 2.

Our jaws fell to the ground when we gazed at the new suit we would be using. The old MK V being trashed due to the extensive damage it recieved during the short(yet brutal) battle that was fought on Halo.

The forum changed as well. The few Mk V's that were made were also being slowly replaced by the newer Mk VI. The Mk VIs' are also being replaced, but at a slower speed, but that's nothing compared to the Mk V.

What I ask of my Brothers and Sisters is something that needs to be done to show Bungie that we still care.

My request is to remake the MK V into an HD suit. And not by using Halo: reach pieces. I mean remaking the entire suit that came from CE.

Please, listen to my plea members of the 405th. If we can have HD pieces of the MK VI, ODST, Marine, and the Spartan-III's, why can't the old suit have a place of glory as well?

-Pony

Agreed, but whoever does this will not only have to be an amazing modeler but they will have to have imagination; enough so that he/she can fill in the blanks of the reference pics. I'm not volunteering myself, I suck at modeling, I'm just voicing my opinion of (in the words of peter chimera) what has to be done.

i think evryone noobs and all should all make the mark V and all post in this thread its a tall order but it can be done

I had started a model using the original CE mk. V as referance. The problem is my blender skills sucked so bad when I did it... I actually think it would be better to take the Moz rips, and import those into the program. Then model OVER those, so you retain the exact same dimensions, just with more detail. Rundown already has a mk. V, so the hardest part is out of the way. Forged reclaimer said he was also working on it as a side project a while back, but it never came to be. I definitely agree though, the mk. V was the most beautiful (in my opinion) armor, as is was bulky, but still sleek. The mk Vi went more to the "bulk" idea. If School wasn't sucking all of my time away, I'd probably be done with the upper body by now. It's a very simple design that can benefit from a remake. My question, how to interpret the armor? Because it is such a low-poly model, I'm not sure what should be a hard edge and a rounded edge. The textures really don;t help out much in theis regard. Thoughts?

and no, not the reach mk. V. The problem with it is it's been influenced by the Mk. VI design. (1-piece visor, etc) It would have to be a remake of the origional model.

sorry for the double post. another thought, you could have 2 versions, 1 that's smoothed and 1 like rundown's, it keeps the same shape, but adds parts that were mere textures. Obviously the latter is easier,

How about we make this a forum project(like what they did with the WETA ODST).

We get a couple of people and get to work on one piece at a time. A couple could get some screenshots of the MK V and try to get in as much detail as possible.

If any of you would like to volunteer, leave me a visitor message on my profile.

-Pony

I can get ref pics of the actual model (with textures), for those that need them. Not in game, but using the map making kit. Would that help?

I can get ref pics of the actual model (with textures), for those that need them. Not in game, but using the map making kit. Would that help?
It sure would, dude! We're going to need all of the references we can get if we want to get this thing off the ground.

-Pony

I have a cobalt colored minor battle-damaged 12yr old Mk.V-A figure.....

would this help out?

I have a cobalt colored minor battle-damaged 12yr old Mk.V-A figure.....

would this help out?

It would, but the pics need to be able to show alot of detail from the figure.

-Pony

Well i began on it ages ago. But there wasn't mutch people that wanted it back then. Can still pick up on the project :)

So more or less this figure? but game acurate ;)

main.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back