A suitable glue for pepping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elmer's all purpose glue is the best. It is easy to use and cheap.
I have to fully disagree. With my preference, super glue, you just figure out exactly how and where the pieces is going put a tiny dont and squeeze for a few seconds. Done, its bonded well enough to hold for resining.

Plus, you can get a 4 pack of Ace Brand superglue at Ace (duh) for $2.30. Thats like, 50 cents per glue and i managed to finishe a helmet with less than one vial of super glue. Amazing stuff, works wonders. Just wear gloves or something so you dont get too much glue on your fingers and they become crust. I hate crusty fingers.

I'll throw my hat in the "Emlers Glue-All" rings also. Squeeze some out onto a piece of cardboard and let it sit for a few minutes to get more tack. This gives you lots of 'grab' and your still able to move the tabs around to fine tune.

I use 'nail care sticks' to apply. Their tapered end works get for getting into tight spaces and spreading glue out on long tabs.

Super glue for the win. Cheap easy. Just try not to get on your fingers but eventually you will but no biggie. Just get some nail polish remover. But super glue is quick and easy. It dries in a Jiffy and is very strong!

Hot glue is my weapon of choice. I had an old hot glue gun and glue laying around so i used it. Its cheap, easy to apply and easy to fix any mistakes you make, just be wary of what type of glue gun it is. My 'old' glue gun wasnt what you would call low temp it was more like " ok i just need to fix up this little bit he-OH MY GOD IM ON FIRE!!!" yea, not low temp at all.
So $30 AU later i got myself a mini low temp glue and 58 sticks of glue. Mini glue gun ares great for getting those areas inside certain pep pieces and... no ouchy burn burns.

Will I use Elmers and its fine. Works great! Never liked super gule, my finger would get stuck all the time.

Try using the gel super glue. it very manageable and prevents the runnyness of regular liquid super glue.

well heres the best part about the Aleene's glue...its NON-TOXIC and will easily peel off your fingers with out having to use another "harmful" chemical like nail polish remover. Safety is #1 again...these are just other members preferences, you will have to make the ultimate decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back