Active Camo MJOLNIR???

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would you want that anyway? it would be cool, but i think it'll be just dumb JUST tp show off a few times...

Zombie thread! Beware!

I'd rather keep this thread open rather than having another thread started about this later. Think about it: this will keep all the information and progress on this subject in one place, not broken into several topics. This will serve us better.

Honestly about 2 mins before I left work today I was in this thread and saw that someone have added to it. I was just about to add "IN before someone cries necro!" but I thought it was off topic... and might encite more off topic discussion. Leave the moderation to the moderators please.

Seriously, if someone wants to talk about something I'd rather keep all the information in one place, not spread across several threads.

On this subject, I'm considering making up a set of 'active camo' armor for Dragoncon... it would be vacuumformed and painted ultrachrome from the interior... or as best I can replicate the effect... do you think people would get it? i don't want them just thinking that I'm a chrome robot or something...

How can we make this a viable costume armor ? What should I do with the undersuit? A chrome visor? Chrome weapon?

What do you want to see from a 'active camo' costume? I want to do it, please help!

I was thinking about this for a while now. Someone mentioned making a invisible master chief to me and it sounded like a great idea.

So maybe something like this. Basically, if you can paint the suit into a type of projector screen, add a projector and a camera behind you. You have a partial invisibility cloak as long as you stay in the area. Its a neat effect, not really usual for walking around or what this thread was talking about. But a great idea and proof of concept non the less.

I'm looking more for the projector-less solution. I know what they're doing with the light-reflective materials and projectors and cameras in clever positions... I'm looking for something I can build for less that the military's budget, without a support crew following me at all the right angles.

Think Predator on a budget. Prismatic materials, reflective paints, ect. A practical solution anyways...

Have you priced digital projectors lately? Yikes!

that invisibility cloth, it was redesign somewhere i think. if in mot mistaken, they way it works its just lots of small cameras with lots of small screen like surfaces one right next to eachother, so the cameras in the back, project in the front, and vise versa. !!!

Sean Bradley i do experiment with different materials from time to time, when i have some extra cash around, but i think there is a way to do it. i don't know if anyone post the same infos but im lazy to read the rest of the pages!
if you have molds of your suit, you can cast it out of clear resin just at little bit of pearl pigment in the mix. and for the under armor a silverish, or chrome suit! maybe one from a halloween store. you wont be invisible but i think it will be good enough to give that effect. everything is going to reflect from your under armor even through your clear resin suit.

or you can go like this:

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/invisibl...nes-art-fashion

Sean Bradley said:
I'm looking more for the projector-less solution. I know what they're doing with the light-reflective materials and projectors and cameras in clever positions... I'm looking for something I can build for less that the military's budget, without a support crew following me at all the right angles.

Think Predator on a budget. Prismatic materials, reflective paints, ect. A practical solution anyways...

Have you priced digital projectors lately? Yikes!
Here is some chrome paint. I think the chrome would be the best way to make it look like active camo...even though it just reflects the light and doesnt really make you invisible. Either way i think a chrome chief would look awesome.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a pretty neat "chrome" spray video on youtube. It turns a black ceramic tile into near mirror.

Now if you want, there's also an even MORE amazing process of spray on chrome
Watch, and drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. We started last year a MC armor that I was going to put on the top of my tables at cons. Vic pull the parts when we had the spar plastic. We are 1/2 way there.

my 2 cents

Great to see some progress on this Rob. Will you be back-sprayiing the clear parts with chrome, or are you going for true transparency?

This is exactly how I imagined making the active camo costume.. great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back