Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Yup... you knew it was coming sooner or later and it is later. Over the course of the next couple of weeks you are going to see us implement standardized ads across the site.

Before you moan and complain, keep in mind that ads are what have helped pay for a number of things within this community like the site redesign, new logo and the purchase of software like the file archive.

We are disabling the majority of ads for Full members (members who have been here for 90 days and have 50 posts or were grandfathered in) so many of you active members will never see the ads at all.

I really wished this site could remain ad free. I would really like to see a donation system or something. So the community could help pay for the site and not have ads. Im sure there are a lot of members willing to help pay for the sites upkeep, I know I would, and I can't say that about any other site.

I do like the idea of not having ads when you become a full fledged member, I think that will really help out. But still I really like it more when there wasn't ads.

Maybe you could implement a system that you could receive donations every month, and if is't not enough, then you could enable ads. But hey, I'm just thinking out loud.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back