Advice On Hdtv's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, very nice.
I like the idea of having the PC hooked up to it, personally i prefer being at my desk surrounded by 4 other screens than sitting that far back, but on a screen that size it would probably be pretty cool.
oh, i got myself a new samsung 24" PC screen, couldn't be happier :D

p0rtalman said:
oh, i got myself a new samsung 24" PC screen, couldn't be happier :D
1st of all Congrats on your fiances birthday!!

And yeah, the Samsung BW series for pc monitors are excellent i'm using the 22" (samsung 226bw) monitor.
It's got it's downsides and upsides compared to the 24".

Anyways, Congrats vex!!
-Fin(n)ish

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any input on size as it's personal preference and the size isn't too big of a difference anyways, but I just figured I'd tell, ya, I have the exact same TV in the 46" flavor and it's great. It's got nice features, good picture (once set up, as has been stressed by a lot of prior posts on this thread), and isn't over priced.

I play games and watch movies on it, and it's great for both, although (at least for me) it feels weird going from 4:3 aiming to 16:9 aiming, so be prepared to miss some of those snipes in H3 until you get adjusted to it. If you play on a higher sensitivity, you might wanna lower it again and work your way back up. I play on 5 normally, and I had to go back to 3 (default) on my Samsung in order to get any headshots at all with BR/SR.

Grats on getting the TV too, having a widescreen TV really changes your experience. Also, 5.1 is amazingly helpful (and immersive) for games, although IMO, most 5.1 effects (aka things behind you and stuff) don't really work in movies, since you can't turn the camera around to see what made the noise... in H3, when you hear a rocket behind you, you jump and spin and actually SEE the rocket... it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back