Aer9 Laser Rifle (Fallout 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DerKraken said:
Dude, I don't mean to sound like a jerk here, but why don't you start your own thread on your build? Obviously you're talented and yours is far more detailed than mine. You'd probably be better off making it on your own.

Sorry, it's my first cosplay-gun and first replica at all — I don't think that it may be more than little experiment and few photos.

And your AER9 is awesome — coloured rifle looks like real cinema-shots.

PS: my English is'n so good for own thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
NeXXt said:
Sorry, it's my first cosplay-gun and first replica at all — I don't think that it may be more than little experiment and few photos.

And your AER9 is awesome — coloured rifle looks like real cinema-shots.

PS: my English is'n so good for own thread :)

I really do think you should start up your own. The detail on yours is far, far better than mine. It deserves its own thread! By the way, are you using Sintra (expanded PVC) for this?

DerKraken said:
I really do think you should start up your own. The detail on yours is far, far better than mine. It deserves its own thread! By the way, are you using Sintra (expanded PVC) for this?

Thanks, maybe i'll do that some later :)

Exactly expanded PVC — I buy it (6-mm and 3-mm thickness) in adv. agency, where I worked long ago. Very easy to cut and turn, and cyanacrylate glue it perfect.

BY680 said:

FYI, not only is that a necro it can also be considered spam. Try to add something significant to a thread when making a reply rather than just one word (or line) responses :)

May as well necro my own thread...

Starting on another AER9, this time with a longer working timeframe so I can make sure to get all the details correct. We'll call this the "HD Version"

Improvements include a more accurate rear stock, MF cell, trigger mechanism and raised textures. I'm also making the barrel glow red to simulate the laser.

4223722045_c4443f2766_b.jpg

4242819195_f01948fe52_b.jpg

4243593052_062762ea39_b.jpg

More as it develops.

rundown said:
oh sweet your redoing it :)

Yeah, I'm glad I can give this thing the attention to detail it deserves. Its a really cool design, and I hated having to skip all the details on V1.

Updates: Mostly just details, details, details. I recently bought a lathe, which made shaping the MF cell and the lower bar much, much easier. I'm about 80% done with shaping and building, then we can go to paint!

MF cell and "hose" thingy:

4302724232_549d7a34ac_b.jpg

4294111809_02ab832bbd_b.jpg

Rear casing details:

4301974439_e6a267b827_b.jpg

Stock and handle rounded items (pre-rear case detail):

4294854924_d578fa5e11_b.jpg

Grip and lower support bar:

4299757682_9bc5918382_b.jpg

Overall shot:

4299757594_14b118c92a_b.jpg

Tremendous job, I love the detail you are putting into it. I'm also jellous, I would love to have a lathe.

Dammit Harrison, stop being so awesome. :angry

I assume those details on the top of the stock are heat shaped styrene or something similar?

I think you reached the summit of awesomeness. It's purely amazing, how fast you build your props, and how detailed/clean they are. Kudos.

LeeKegan said:
Tremendous job, I love the detail you are putting into it. I'm also jellous, I would love to have a lathe.

Mine is just an el-cheapo Harbor Freight job. Not really fancy or terribly precise, but it gets the job done really well. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95607 For replica work I think its perfect. I've turned plastic and epoxy on it to already, does a pretty nice job. I'd recommend getting a chuck for it though, since it doesn't come with one.

Yodajammies said:
I assume those details on the top of the stock are heat shaped styrene or something similar?

The thicker parts are Sintra, the thinner ones are Styrene. This is the first build I've used sintra on, and I like it a lot better than MDF for the medium-thickness stuff. Have to use a really sharp chisel or bit on the lathe/router, but other than that I'm sold on it.

Excellent work, Harry! Step two is more than good, especially with LEDs!

I made my own :)

DSC01816.jpg

What do you think about technology for small orange texts and marks (left and right sides)? Decals, serigraphy, hand-paint?

I broke my brain, but chose hand-made (dissilient eyes and trembling hands — draw over 50%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back