Agent Carolina, RVB WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

phixix

Jr Member
Hey guys, Clio/Phi here! I thought I'd start this thread earlier than I planned to as I'm in need of a little assistance before beginning the build- rather than making two different threads =]

So here is my goal for May 2012!
ezo4k6.jpg

Now i've always wanted to make a set of Tex armor- Roosterteeth have made her both a strong and appealing character. But at the same time I wanted to break away from the regular MK VI and try something new. I really like Carolina's strong character and beauty so she's going to be my choice of armor.

The first and foremost issue i'm having is the helmet. I've downloaded the Rogue helmet from the Halo costuming wiki, and i've also got the helmet from the most up-to-date 405th pepakura pack, but i'm CONVINCED that i've seen another rogue helmet made by another member. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If Not i'll be settling on the one from the 405th pepakura pack.

I've been lucky enough in that my partner has bought me a craft robo for christmas, so updates on the armour shouldn't be too far away! I've thought a lot into to the construction, what to make out of pep and what to make from foam etc. Right now it's the case of overcoming some university deadlines, and then I can get started!

So watch this space, and hopefully I'll get started on this project ASAP.

Many thanks 405th!

-Phi

Haha, how awesome -- I just started planning for a Carolina suit myself! I'm new to this though, so I'll definitely be following this thread! Lookin' forward to it!

Yea the NZ-TK Rouge helmet is the only one I can think of and i have built it and it came out pretty good. So I would try that one, but thats just my opinion. Hope this helps :)

Haha, how awesome -- I just started planning for a Carolina suit myself! I'm new to this though, so I'll definitely be following this thread! Lookin' forward to it!

Oh excellent! I'm dead excited to see how yours progresses, let me know when you start yours =]

Yea the NZ-TK Rouge helmet is the only one I can think of and i have built it and it came out pretty good. So I would try that one, but thats just my opinion. Hope this helps :)

Thanks very much! I had a look at it but comparing even the Halo 3 helmet to Carolina's helmet, it's not quite the same and hers is more streamlined =/
I think I may model it myself..

Hey there guys

So after some thought and looking at the Rogue helmet pep file I noticed some big differences between Carolina's Rogue helmet and the original. I also remember reading somewhere that Monty Oum designed Carolina's armor to be more streamlined, so I went ahead and had a bash at modeling her helmet.

zyebtt.jpg

16iwq6a.jpg

k9c45i.jpg

There's a couple more bits to model on it. I put it in pepakura to see what it looks like and there's a couple of wonky-looking bits I'm gonna go back and fix.
Any thoughts/pointers?

Thanks Guys =]

Hey there guys

So after some thought and looking at the Rogue helmet pep file I noticed some big differences between Carolina's Rogue helmet and the original. I also remember reading somewhere that Monty Oum designed Carolina's armor to be more streamlined, so I went ahead and had a bash at modeling her helmet.

zyebtt.jpg

16iwq6a.jpg

k9c45i.jpg

There's a couple more bits to model on it. I put it in pepakura to see what it looks like and there's a couple of wonky-looking bits I'm gonna go back and fix.
Any thoughts/pointers?

Thanks Guys =]

Yeah if you get some one to unfold it I'll try building that one too, since I'm now contemplating on building some Carolina armor too. I think Lex did the recon chest and BELAKOR did the recon shoulders. It should be in the all-in-one pack though.

Wooo! Tex vs Carolina rivalry! >:D
I'm excited to see what you get done on this build!

-Alexis

I've been trying to play around with the NZ-TK helmet but also noticed the discrepancies -- looks like I'm going to have to try and figure out this whole pep designer thing! haha. Your helmet looks MUCH closer to Carolina's -- good job!

Yeah, that helmet looks MUCH closer to Carolina's -- good job! I will also attempt to make it if I can get my hands on the unfold. :D

And +Caboose vs Grif
Thanks very much guys! Its much appreciated =] I've never modeled for pep before so I'm just praying it turns out ok.
I don't have any plans to make this model public yet, I'd rather build it first and see how it turns out =]

And Thanks Saber! ^_^ I can't wait to properly get started on it. W00t for rivalry! ;D

And +Caboose vs Grif
Thanks very much guys! Its much appreciated =] I've never modeled for pep before so I'm just praying it turns out ok.
I don't have any plans to make this model public yet, I'd rather build it first and see how it turns out =]

Haha, yeah I went back and editted my post -- I totally feel ya on that. I'm researching on doing a full from-scratch build... it sounds like fun! (and like it'll be very time consuming...)

We'll have to meet up sometime after our builds are done to compare. ;) haha

Haha it's a nice thought, but there's a rather large stretch of water between the UK and USA unfortunately! XD

Haha it's a nice thought, but there's a rather large stretch of water between the UK and USA unfortunately! XD

Well lookie there, haha. Serves me right for (not) reading. Well... let the picture wars commence then!!

(sorry for the de-rail... back to the epic building!)

Your Dare costume turned out good, I'm sure this one will too. I will keep an eye on this thread in case you have any questions regarding foam crafting that I can help you with.
Good luck and happy armoring!

yeees another build by you!
Your last one was awesome and I'm definitely going to follow this one as it progresses!

so excited to see this started =D i haven't seen any armor from RvB yet so i am very excited =D

Thankyou for all the wonderful feedback guys! It really keeps me motivated =]
@Gamemaster, thankyou so much, that'd be great! I've worked a little with foam before when I made a more comfortable backplate for Dare but nothing beyond that..

My university deadlines finish after friday so i'll be in full swing with this project from then on! Also, don't hesitate with the constructive crit, especially with the helmet i'm modelling for Carolina, i'm not too good at seeing flaws so please if you spot something wrong with anything i'm doing, let me know!

-Clio

Hey Hey guys

Thanks to everyone that popped over to my livestream for modelling Carolina's helmet, all your input and especially your company was amazing

So here it is ready for the unfold.
2ihv4a9.jpg

well almost ready- just noticed that red line.

Hopefully next update will be of a pepped helmet!

-Phi

Hey, my girlfriend is wanting to build herself a set of Carolina armour too. We're both really new to this and thought we'd start by building some helmets. Would you mind sharing your pep files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back