Airbrush Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwsilver

Ok so i've done some thinking on how to minimize the warpage when you resin, and why not use the same technique that people use when they make boats?

only thing is, i've done a bit of research and i couldn't seem to find how one would clean the resin out of your air brush

anyone have suggestions or know where i could find this info? I've done a google search so don't just leave a "google it" topic

thanks for the post, but i was looking more along the lines of, how to clean an already owned airbrush not made for resin, but the same idea would apply, just a different material

i will keep that in mind though, thanks!

I think if you wanted to get the resin out of the airbrush you could just keep blowing air out, and not resin. Kind of like a reverse vacuum cleaner. I might be wrong, which I probably am, but that might help.

Firstly, I DO NOT recommend trying what I'm about to say, but it is all I could find.

Firstly, for excess hardened resin on boats they use a heat gun (while wearing a respirator of course) to soften it up, and scrape it off. Though I don't know if there are any implements you can use to clean out your airbrush effectively.

Secondly, while looking at resin removal from skin I found this:

"epson salt dissolved in boiling water..then add to warm bath water or bowl,depending on size of affected area, then soak for at least 30 min..then rinse affected area with cold water."

The latter may work if you immerse the tool, but I would definately consult your local hardware or automotive store.

monkeyfist said:
I think if you wanted to get the resin out of the airbrush you could just keep blowing air out, and not resin. Kind of like a reverse vacuum cleaner. I might be wrong, which I probably am, but that might help.

that's only partly right, i know that the airbrushes we have you have gunk still on the moving parts of your brush

Psythorn said:
Firstly, I DO NOT recommend trying what I'm about to say, but it is all I could find.

Firstly, for excess hardened resin on boats they use a heat gun (while wearing a respirator of course) to soften it up, and scrape it off. Though I don't know if there are any implements you can use to clean out your airbrush effectively.

Secondly, while looking at resin removal from skin I found this:

"epson salt dissolved in boiling water..then add to warm bath water or bowl,depending on size of affected area, then soak for at least 30 min..then rinse affected area with cold water."

The latter may work if you immerse the tool, but I would definately consult your local hardware or automotive store.

and we might try the latter, will need some talking over and what not

appreciate the ideas ad suggestions, if anyone else knows more keep on posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pilot92 said:
Ok so i've done some thinking on how to minimize the warpage when you resin, and why not use the same technique that people use when they make boats?

only thing is, i've done a bit of research and i couldn't seem to find how one would clean the resin out of your air brush

anyone have suggestions or know where i could find this info? I've done a google search so don't just leave a "google it" topic

GUESS what accetone is what you need to run through it to clean it out right after your done before it dries

scptg2087 said:
GUESS what accetone is what you need to run through it to clean it out right after your done before it dries

that's the problem

you have to race against the time it takes to dry

eitherway i've ditched the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back