Airsoft .20G Proof Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN 094

I just got back into airsoft and wanted a tact. vest and I looked at my perka. and thought hmmm Fiberglass tape+Duck Tape = Airsoft Mjolnir DragonSkin
First Test 350FPS(Classic Army M15A4) at 10FT
101_21581.jpg

101_21591.jpg

Sorry about burry pics Ill get 8 mp ones tomorrow

Test 2 Full Auto 350FPS(Classic Army M15A4) 5FT

It worked! Pics later when I spary paint it

SPARTAN-094 said:

little confused as to what you were shooting at.. more zoomed out pictures might help.. were you shooting at just the material? or a set of armor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... Grammar, and spelling... Thats all I could see when reading it. Heh. Sorry. But try .45G ones at 600 FPS and about 13 rounds per second at 50 feet away... It would rip through that like a piece of paper. But nice try with the .20G.

Scott said:
Wow... Grammar, and spelling... Thats all I could see when reading it. Heh. Sorry. But try .45G ones at 600 FPS and about 13 rounds per second at 50 feet away... It would rip through that like a piece of paper. But nice try with the .20G.

I figure maybe he'd use this for games with friends that would only involve the FPS and BBs he's looking to get hit with.

volkov said:
little confused as to what you were shooting at.. more zoomed out pictures might help.. were you shooting at just the material? or a set of armor?
I was shooting at the back of the chest piece pics coming soon
101_2163.jpg

101_2162.jpg

101_2161.jpg

101_2160.jpg

colmon_9 said:
I think it would be more durable if you add resin to that fiberglass.

I was thinking the same thing, it's not resined?

Zaso117 said:
I was thinking the same thing, it's not resined?
Its not and DONT RESIN IT! Real kevlar vests flex with the bullet, in my armor I make it so the BB hits the Matieral(SP?) hits the next layer stopping it from going any deeper causing the BB to bounce back. The holes could easily be filled with hot glue(a small layer over the hole) and be painted over

Update: Im making a full woven "Vest" right now, pics later tonight.

SPARTAN-094 said:
Real kevlar vests flex with the bullet
o_O .....yeah, but Master Chief doesn't wear kevlar

plus, you cant really compare fiberglass to kevlar anyway, because one is used to give support to resin and the other is used in bulletproof vests. Kind of a big difference in my opinion. :rolleyes
Interesting idea though.

lionheart912 said:
o_O .....yeah, but Master Chief doesn't wear kevlar

plus, you cant really compare fiberglass to kevlar anyway, because one is used to give support to resin and the other is used in bulletproof vests. Kind of a big difference in my opinion. :rolleyes
Interesting idea though.
This isnt about making it "Halo like" its about what works cheap and woven fiberglass FIBERS are like kevlar fibers

SPARTAN-094 said:
Its not and DONT RESIN IT! Real kevlar vests flex with the bullet, in my armor I make it so the BB hits the Matieral(SP?) hits the next layer stopping it from going any deeper causing the BB to bounce back. The holes could easily be filled with hot glue(a small layer over the hole) and be painted over

Your idea makes sense, but it would be inefficient. A resined pep pice with a few layers of resined fiberglass would easily deflect an airsoft bullet, hardly leaving a mark (at least for a .2g BB @ 250 FPS). The BBs simply don't have enough inertia to penetrate the armor and bounce right off. On the other hand, our armed forces don't have this luxury, since the inertia of a 4g bullet at about 3000 FPS would rip right through any rigid armor. Therefore, their armor needs to absorb the impact by slowing the bullet down in layers of woven kevlar. Your idea would probably work, but the piece would be torn apart in the process. Is about $5-10 worth of resin worth the hours you spent to make the piece?

Spartan-260 said:
Your idea makes sense, but it would be inefficient. A resined pep pice with a few layers of resined fiberglass would easily deflect an airsoft bullet, hardly leaving a mark (at least for a .2g BB @ 250 FPS). The BBs simply don't have enough inertia to penetrate the armor and bounce right off. On the other hand, our armed forces don't have this luxury, since the inertia of a 4g bullet at about 3000 FPS would rip right through any rigid armor. Therefore, their armor needs to absorb the impact by slowing the bullet down in layers of woven kevlar. Your idea would probably work, but the piece would be torn apart in the process. Is about $5-10 worth of resin worth the hours you spent to make the piece?
My piece only took about half an hour but the guns I play with would go through resin like you wouldnt believe some people wear bullet proof vests to play. Im looking at a cheap solution that can double as armor.

SPARTAN-094 said:
My piece only took about half an hour but the guns I play with would go through resin like you wouldnt believe some people wear bullet proof vests to play. Im looking at a cheap solution that can double as armor.

Ok, the layers do add up in $. I'm just saying, more resined FG layers = higher BB FPS resistance = survivability = reusability = $ savings in the long run.

But hey, it's your armor and your decisions. Who am I to intervene? :cool:

Spartan-260 said:
Ok, the layers do add up in $. I'm just saying, more resined FG layers = higher BB FPS resistance = survivability = reusability = $ savings in the long run.

(y) And it does seem like you just destroying all you worked hard to make.

DoC ByTeS said:
(y) And it does seem like you just destroying all you worked hard to make.
I got another suit left and im getting out of Halo props because its dieing quicker than I had excepted(Halo as a whole) but I will always be watching uploading Un-Godly files which the orgin is unknown but only that it came from me.

Spartan-260 said:

I live in Arizona and it would heat up VERY fast

SPARTAN-094 said:
I got another suit left and im getting out of Halo props because its dieing quicker than I had excepted(Halo as a whole)

If you're so worried about popularity, you could always prance around in a stormtrooper costume. Of course, you would need to intentionally have horrible accuracy and get shot as quickly as possible for the sake of realism. :lol:

Anyways, good luck on whatever you're making to protect yourself from the sting of 300+ FPS BBs.
However, heatstroke is the TRUE enemy! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back