altair weapon ref. pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is honestly the best one I've seen.

pic_assassinscreed_art_16.jpg

feigned-echo said:
does anyone have any ref pics of altair's sword, daggers, and hidden arm dagger?
i'm hoping to model these.
Check the one out I have here.

-Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
23Magnum said:
Check the one out I have here.

-Magnum

yeah, that's pretty much it. i'm having a bitch of a time though with the spring firing and locking mechanisms.
i don't know yet if i'll use springs even, i may just let gravity do the work.

feigned-echo said:
yeah, that's pretty much it. i'm having a bitch of a time though with the spring firing and locking mechanisms.
i don't know yet if i'll use springs even, i may just let gravity do the work.
I might have said it in my topic somewhere, but if want a good small but strong spring try the ones in those extendable curtain rods. Just cut to length and the curtains rods are pretty cheap. You might even be able to reuse the aluminum on them.

-Magnum

23Magnum said:
I might have said it in my topic somewhere, but if want a good small but strong spring try the ones in those extendable curtain rods. Just cut to length and the curtains rods are pretty cheap. You might even be able to reuse the aluminum on them.

-Magnum

23Magnum said:
Gravity powered=Fail as you guys like to put it.

-Magnum

oh that just makes me sad, guess that gravity's out of the question for me now too. anyway, i wanted to share with you my release mechanism idea. i realized how they designed it in the game and i ran with it. if you look closly at the picture i posted theres a ring on the pinky tethered to the whole gauntlet. i realized that when the pinky is extended it pulles on the tether, which releases a pin which releases the blade. that's how i'm going to do my release. the next issue is bringing the blade back.

If you still need reference pics, try the site admin at this site. http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/
I think he uses a capture card to get his pics, but if you asked nicely over on their forums you might get what you need.
You could also use the photos he uses to show flag and templar locations as references.

-Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back