Alternatives To Superglue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer Koala

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you have any suggestions for glues or adhesives for pepping. A while back I started my armor and I was using superglue to put it together. I was sitting at my desk with the window open and I accidentally caught a wiff of the fumes and was sick the entire weekend. I tried using a hot glue gun but that proved to be very messy and difficult. After that I just gave up on the project.

Now I'm trying again with superglue. I was sitting outside with a t-shirt wrapped around my head and putting my pep together. The thing is, now I'm not feeling too good. Does anybody know much about the effects of superglue on the body? And are there any alternatives that you can think of?

Any glue could work. Some are not as strong as others. Elmers is safe. Superglue is toxic. Check your local store for contact cement and gorilla glue.

AD0020006.jpg

Tombo Mono Aqua Liquid Glue

This has worked the best for me. Its non-toxic and you only need a thin layer of it for it to stick really well. Its very "liquidy", but it makes adjusting the pieces really easy. We found it at Office Max but we can't remember the cost. Whatever the cost though has lasted me through almost a whole set of armor and two helmets, and I STILL have a quarter of it left. You just have to make sure you don't use too much glue because it can make the paper a little too wet. It sets permanently and holds up very well with the resin also. You can see how my pep pieces turned out in the Team Win ODST thread. Hope this helps!

-Erin

Hot glue gun has always been very effective to me, except for the occasional warping due to the temperature. Have you tried applying a very thin layer of hot glue, or just little drops worth. A little bit goes a long way usually. Also, you can spread the the glue while the tip is in contact, so it is thinner and more even.

I like elmers, it does add all kinds of mass like hot glue, and a bottle is like $1.15 at walgreens, target, really anywhere, and it sets quickly but is still adjustable for a few minutes. It's all really a matter of preference.

i had the same problems with the glue i actually gave up for a while to hotglue is 'best' as it sets quickly but it can also be painful as it sets too quick sometimes and it can burn you if your not smart with it

i couldn't find any glues for a decent price were i live so i actually make my own but i wouldn't advise doing that

as people said elmers, gorilla and contact cement are your best options in the us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back