Am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLiNdz0r

So basically I read this: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=66822

And he's fibreglassing the outside. So guess what I did... fibreglass the outside. Now people are telling me I shouldn't have.. why not?

Will it make a big difference? And will fibreglassing really do anymuch better, I mean I'm going to resin everything twice and not use it for anything but walking around, so will it matter?

Anyway, I've sanded down the fibreglass on the outside of the helmet and it's smooth. I'm ready to bondo, but please help me with the questions above.

Because you lose your details, and I may think that your piece could wrap in the process.

Not that bad, but you'll need to add more details later.

There's nothing wrong with fiberglassing the outside, it just takes more time to sand down.

That's why I didn't fiberglass the outside of all of my armor. I fiberglassed the inside and I am going to cut out the excess glass with a dremel tool.

tipper said:
There's nothing wrong with fiberglassing the outside, it just takes more time to sand down.

That's why I didn't fiberglass the outside of all of my armor. I fiberglassed the inside and I am going to cut out the excess glass with a dremel tool.
That's what I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiberglass the outside and you get this furry looking helmet, fiberglass is ment as a inside skeleton for the parts, not outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back