An Expensive idea for my CQB..

Status
Not open for further replies.

adreniline

Well. I've been working on the CQB Helmet (I'll post pictures soon), and I have alot of cash laying around. I was looking at a possible project because of the discovery channel. There's a car shop that custom fits monitors to anything (stuff aside from cars), I was planning on covering the helmet in monitors, and have small cameras (they sell some at radio shack near me for like 20$ ea. So it'd probably cost 400$ to cover the entire helmet with small cameras), and have them all around the helmet. The camera's would record in real time what's happening and display them on the opposite side of helmet. So it would create the illusion of invisibility.

Do you get what I'm saying? Do you think it would work or should I try for the hell of it or what.

Sounds cool. Sounds Expensive. Id wait till the film LCD. Would make it a little easier, and possibly cheaper.

was this on the military part of that 2057 show?

if thats what ur thinkin of damn would that be cool. but i didnt no they had cameras that small already

go for it man

blinkava44 said:
was this on the military part of that 2057 show?

if thats what ur thinkin of damn would that be cool. but i didnt no they had cameras that small already

go for it man
Yeah it was the 2057. The camera's aren't that small but they are flat so they would fit along the thing, and they do blend.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheBlue said:
Sound outlandish to me :shock:

It would be just like James Bond's car in Die Another Day
I don't watch james bond but that sounds wicked.

man it would be awesome but you gotta completely cover it with screens (or eink) and camera's but if you have the funding go for it i really want to see it.

Not to discourage you but this sounds like a money pit. Run some small scale tests before you invest all you 'lying around' money.

Sean Bradley said:
Not to discourage you but this sounds like a money pit. Run some small scale tests before you invest all you 'lying around' money.

Exactly my thoughts. :agree:

But, do you even have the helmet at this point? Because you'd have to have the helmet first lol.

darkesword2020 said:
Sean Bradley said:

Exactly my thoughts. :agree:

But, do you even have the helmet at this point? Because you'd have to have the helmet first lol.
I have the initial model done in 3DS max. I'm going to make it in Pep and fiberglass and such. I already bought the visor and paint.

TheBlue said:
Sweet! If this pans out, you will look like the headless horseman :mrgreen:
I'll probably experiment with a cell phone or something first. To make sure it works.

3 issues I can think of.

1) Space in the helmet. Cameras, screens, and the associated cabling and stuff can take up a fair bit of the "Real Estate" in your helmet.

2) Power. That sounds like a real power hog.... Like, a car battery sized one. You'd almost have to fill the MC's "backpack" with Lithium-Ion batteries....

3) Heat. All that technology could cook your brain.

FinAeros said:
3 issues I can think of.

1) Space in the helmet. Cameras, screens, and the associated cabling and stuff can take up a fair bit of the "Real Estate" in your helmet.

2) Power. That sounds like a real power hog.... Like, a car battery sized one. You'd almost have to fill the MC's "backpack" with Lithium-Ion batteries....

3) Heat. All that technology could cook your brain.

True, but I did leave a bit of room in the helmet, and the batteries are the really small kind so I'll wire it through the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back