An unusual CQB build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job on L3x's CQB. Just one thing I would like to point out. The vent on the forehead is supposed to stick out, not in. Don't know if you meant to do that or not. Looks good though.

damn man, that helm looks like it was reaaally tedious, great job on the pep work. lovin all the liquid fuel sitting around the work table too, i know how that one is haha.

Wow It looks really neat! I can see you switched to the Higher def one and did an awesome job! Cool gun and good luck...

cheers man, yeah it's L3x's HD model :)

Great job on L3x's CQB. Just one thing I would like to point out. The vent on the forehead is supposed to stick out, not in. Don't know if you meant to do that or not. Looks good though.

Haha yeah I noticed that when I was following yours and L3x's thread, but hey it's nothing major, just a little different

damn man, that helm looks like it was reaaally tedious, great job on the pep work. lovin all the liquid fuel sitting around the work table too, i know how that one is haha.

yeah it is, and haha yeah, I have wwaayyyy too many cans lying around, but you need some kinda boost :p

Photoon2011-08-27at1559.jpg

very almost ready, just need to fibreglass it now.

*edit*

by the way the image is mirrored, the HUL isn't on the wrong side :)

okay, so college has started, and I've gone a little off track of things, but I'm still at it - I'm outta cardstock at the moment so I'm working on something else...
I have no idea if it's to scale, but I just marked it next to my G36K airsoft for an idea and then pencilled the outline until it looked right to me :)

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

okay some progress on the Assault Rifle:

IMG_0079.jpg

and the helmet and one of the handplates has been fibreglassed :D

IMG_0081.jpg

What do you think?

okay so haven't updated in a while, helmet's fibreglassed and primed and done a little bit of painting and some battle damage :D

The yellow is the primer by the way, it has car filler mixed in as like a spray putty.

DSC02278.jpg

wow this looks fantastic man, great job =D good luck with the rest
btw if you want a reach AR file you can find it in the official halo reach pep files thread in creation discussion but if you want it to be cardboard that's fine too xD

Thanks guys, here's a couple more shots whilst I'm at it - I'm waiting for the primary and secondary colours to arrive, then I can get on with it ^.^

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

very clean pep! Looking awesome. Do you plan on building the rest of the suit as well?

BTW I know the orange is just the primer but it looks cool nonetheless lol. What color are you goingto use over the primer?

very clean pep! Looking awesome. Do you plan on building the rest of the suit as well?

BTW I know the orange is just the primer but it looks cool nonetheless lol. What color are you goingto use over the primer?

Thanks ^.^ Yeah I did consider just using the primer but then told myself to stop being lazy. Primary colour is gonna be a really light yellow (on Reach it's "pale") and secondary colour is gonna be a dark green (on Reach it's "sage")

Done some more painting

DSC02285.jpg

Oh and yeah hopefully the rest of the suit too. Depends how well I cope with getting off my A$s and doing it

okay so as usual I've lost track of time. I honestly doubt I'll have the costume ready for children in need but I do intend to finish the lot.
This is the helmet so far, hope you like it :)

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back