And so a lurker enters the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prussianlove

Well hello there, my fine costuming companion fellows! I'd simply like to come out of the shadows and finally introduce myself and all that, eh wot?

Okay, but seriously. My name is Jordan, and I have a miniature obsession with warfare and German history. This often doesn't go over well in people's eyes, but I make the most of it. I adore and over-use the iron cross emblem, and that will become quite obvious over time.

For this introduction, I'll go on about me. I've told you my name already. I'm eighteen years old as of October 25th, but my childhood has not left me. I am a massive gamer, sci-fi freak, and otaku, but my biggest hobby is thinking, devising, and dreaming. I'm a decent musician, a decent artist, and a decent costumer, but I don't excel at any of these points. As this site is an unofficial Halo fan-site, I will oblige my favorite Halo game as being Combat Evolved. That game got me hooked not only on the Halo series, but on sci-fi, first person shooters, and video games as a whole. That game was one of the shaping pieces of my life. My favorite part of Halo, however, is in Halo three, when (spoiler alert :I) you blow the mechanical waste right out of 343 Guilty Spark, monitor of Installation 04. My favorite game changes depending on what I play, my favorite food is ice cream, my favorite band is Sabaton, and my favorite movie is probably the Lion King. I intend on joining the United States Air Force upon graduating high school, and I aspire for the job of cryptologic linguistics.

The biggest reason I'm here is to costume with a community. My costuming, however, isn't intended to be Halo; while I know there are non-Halo posts here a-plenty, Over the past five or so years I've been developing my own... country, I suppose you could say, the Republic of Mobius. While the content is becoming increasingly original, it has thick and obvious Star Wars and Halo roots. That similarity is some of what brought me here.

I also have one large convention before I get shipped off that I want to costume for; MechaCon 2013, taking place in New Orleans August 23rd-25th. My task for this convention is to prepare a five-man group my own original armor and weapons. I look forward to working towards this end with all of you.

See you on the battlefield. (insert dramatic Battlefield 1943 theme >>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back