And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a local motorsports store for the visor. They didn't have a gold one, so I put in an order for their next shipment, paid, and will pick it up this weekend. I also picked up some tight clothes from the Under Armour store I used to work at. I didn't see any familiar faces though. Most of them left, even the coolest manager. =/

Btw, heres a picture of my helmet.
Helmet.jpg

Attachments

• Helmet.jpg
    Helmet.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 137
Finished Shin #1 today. It took a lot longer than I expected! There was a faint hope I had this morning that I would finish both of them today. Still I have had outstanding progress at my 2nd week mark. I only have 5 more pepakura pieces to do. I really hope that by next Wednesday I will be done with this infernal pepakura assembly.

Finished Shin #2 today. They were drawn out and painful to do. Thank goodness they are done with. My gold visor also arrived in the motorsports store today, so I will go out in town tomorrow and pick it up. I also plan on picking up supplies like resin, paint, velcro, etc. for the rest of the project.

On Friday I completed a left boot. Unfortunately it is completely wrong. It is freaking HUGE. This is quite a setback, as it took a long time to make. However, I was more cautious when picking a new size this time. My next left boot should be fine.

On the bright side, now I have a test subject for steps like resining. I definitely will need a little practice when trying to paint "battle damage" on the edges.

Im on my last pepakura piece... the chest. But man is it taking a long time. People keep coming over to my house or inviting me over, so I am getting quite distracted. Originaly I had planned to be done with it already. Oh well, it well get done sooner or later.

Progress with the resining is extremely quick when I have time to do it. In about 2 hours, I resined the outside of 7 pieces. The hot and sunny Virginia summer is helpful. It was tricky getting a hang of the resin. It is much stickier than I thought it could ever be. Figuring out the proportions of resin and hardener was a bit of a challenge too. However, the process is going well nevertheless. I am rapidly approaching completion, and I am planning on devoting much of the 4th and 5th to get there.

I have not started a project my own as of right now with school being in session for the summer, but reading your posts have givin me alittle hope that I may be able to actually do this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back