Andrew DFT EVA Foam ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have to cut some bevels for these pieces. only difference is after you cut all the pieces out some you may have to cut at a lil bit of an angle from where your edges are to allow for angles but not too much i'm guessing. Best bet is to cut out the pieces and mark them or something, and then have the pepakura file open on the computer while you connect all the pieces. does that make sense?
Listen to he4thbar. His advice is sound. Too bad he wasn't around to give me the same advice when I used the same file and made my ODST bucket. I did have Pepakura Designer open as reference. I did not however cut bevels and whatnot to make things flush. It threw off a lot of the measurements and caused an annoying warp that I have not been able to fix. Luckily it's not noticeable from the front... From behind... Is another story... :eek:
The helmet is on my 'list of things to make better'

Last edited:
Listen to he4thbar. His advice is sound. Too bad he wasn't around to give me the same advice when I used the same file and made my ODST bucket. I did have Pepakura Designer open as reference. I did not however cut bevels and whatnot to make things flush. It made threw off a lot of the measurements and caused an annoying warp that I have not been able to fix. Luckily it's not noticeable from the front... From behind... Is another story... :eek:
The helmet is on my 'list of things to make better'
This is pretty much the same boat I'm in for my ODST. Way back when I didn't know what I was doing and just wanted a cool ODST costume and some of it came out funky and still haunts me to this day.

This is pretty much the same boat I'm in for my ODST. Way back when I didn't know what I was doing and just wanted a cool ODST costume and some of it came out funky and still haunts me to this day.

Turbo, I hereby challenge you to rebuild your ODST kit exactly as it is now, same design same paint scheme, only this time use the skills and knowledge you have gleaned with this new experience.

Go to. Create this helljumper. Not like you're busy or anything.

Turbo, I hereby challenge you to rebuild your ODST kit exactly as it is now, same design same paint scheme, only this time use the skills and knowledge you have gleaned with this new experience.

Go to. Create this helljumper. Not like you're busy or anything.
I already have plans for the Mk II TurbODST though... It's heckin sweet by the way.

I think I found myself a solution. The Armory templetes didn't print out right, and I fixed the fogging problem. So, I think I just try to remake the Andrew DFT helmet so I can get a cleaner helmet, and then use that. Once I have the suit done, I may start trying to make a pepakura helmet, and vaccum-form a visor.

Thanks! One thing that I found very helpful was using a few pieces of masking tape to hold the templates in place while I was tracing them.

Thanks! One thing that I found very helpful was using a few pieces of masking tape to hold the templates in place while I was tracing them.
I did that too! it helps so you can make bigger pieces and have less seams.

Ok, I tested out some old Kwik Seal that I found on the helmet I have to scrap
. IMG_20190926_204106301.jpg

Ok, so this is everything that I have made so far:
IMG_20190927_105627835.jpg
I bought 12 sheets of 2'x2' EVA Foam. I found it on Amazon for a pretty good price, and I got the blue foam because it was cheaper. In retrospect, I should have got grey or black, because trying to keep the underside of the blue foam from showing is going to be kinda difficult. I think all of the foam ran at about $30-$35.

Ok, so this is everything that I have made so far:
View attachment 278621
I bought 12 sheets of 2'x2' EVA Foam. I found it on Amazon for a pretty good price, and I got the blue foam because it was cheaper. In retrospect, I should have got grey or black, because trying to keep the underside of the blue foam from showing is going to be kinda difficult. I think all of the foam ran at about $30-$35.
Looks like you got all of the armor made with those 12 sheets, with a little left over. That’s great to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back