[ANNOUNCEMENT] Pepakura 4 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Hey there, guys and girls.

It's recently come to my attention that a lot of you have been experiencing issues with files - specifically, with downloads not opening in Pepakura Designer 4. Unfortunately, this isn't anything to do with the 405th at all, and it's not something we can remedy - the issue is with Pepakura Designer 4 having backwards compatibility issues with files created in earlier versions of Pepakura Designer (specifically Pepakura Designer 3).

Short of converting every Archive file to support Pepakura Designer 4 (something I'm unwilling to do, given that I lack both the desire, and a copy of Pepakura Designer 4), there's not an awful lot we can do - our advice would be to:

A) contact the creators of Pepakura Designer 4 and notify them of this issue
and
B) Obtain a functioning copy of Pepakura Designer 3

We apologise for the problems this may cause, but unfortunately, it's way out of our hands - we can't simply remedy a software issue for a program we didn't develop. Further troubleshooting and remedies are welcome in this thread, so please, let's try to de-clutter the forum and keep all related issues here rather than having multiple posts and threads with the same subject.

Thanks, and happy Pepping!
~ Cherry
(Archive Administrator)

Chernobyl thank you for the heads up.....I was planing on getting D4 later on this week. You have saved me from some major agida. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest update of PD4 (ver. 4.0.1) can now open PD3, as well as PD2, files.I just tried it a couple of minutes ago.

That's good. I had wondered if perhaps the issue was indeed older files (Pepakura Designer 2) rather than Pepakura Designer 3. If this update is free, then the issue should be resolved.

Is there anyone who has seen an error window stating characters in the file name that prohibit it from opening. I have files that didn't open in Pep3 and even now they don't open. None of the characters stated in the window are in the file names but they still refuse to work. If someone could give me any guidance as to why this may happen or a solution I would be most appreciative

Is there anyone who has seen an error window stating characters in the file name that prohibit it from opening. I have files that didn't open in Pep3 and even now they don't open. None of the characters stated in the window are in the file names but they still refuse to work. If someone could give me any guidance as to why this may happen or a solution I would be most appreciative

I've never come across this, but it strikes me that simply renaming the file would solve the issue.

Try opening a different file, unfortunately some files are locked and can only be opened in the viewer not the designer. Some times when this is the case it will receive this error.

If you could, try sharing a link to the content you're having trouble with. If I can take a look and perhaps resolve your issue, I can have a go.

I can't find a link, I downloaded the files either last year or at the beginning of this year. I could try to see if one of the Halo files I have causes the issue, but the ones I am trying to open I am unable to link too

I can't find a link, I downloaded the files either last year or at the beginning of this year. I could try to see if one of the Halo files I have causes the issue, but the ones I am trying to open I am unable to link too

You should be able to ZIP your problem files up and attach them to a post here in the forums - use the 'More Reply Options' button, then navigate to below the text editor to the 'Manage Attachments' button. From there, you should be able to upload a file for me to review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back