Another Side Project

Coyote505

Jr Member
Decided to take a break from larger stuff for a while as I've been way too busy to dedicate time into them, but I've been printing some smaller things like this ODST keychain to familiarize myself with my 3D printer a little more since I've only had it for a few months. I've already sanded, primed and applied a single coat of paint to it, but still need to do the red and white detailing on the skull and type. Anyone have any recommendations for paint? I've used acrylic paint from Master's Touch in the past, but I want to use this as a time to experience with new methods and supplies as well.
20231110_094840.jpg

For tiny details like this, Citadel paints are the absolute best. White and Red happen to be some of the hardest colors to paint tiny details for, but Citadel is probably the best brand for it. You’ll want to look for paints with the title “Citadel Base”. These have more pigment than the standard ones and go on so much better than anything else I’ve brush painted, learned this one the hard way (I make scale models lol).

Whatever you choose, good luck! Also, did you make the model for the keychain?

For tiny details like this, Citadel paints are the absolute best. White and Red happen to be some of the hardest colors to paint tiny details for, but Citadel is probably the best brand for it. You’ll want to look for paints with the title “Citadel Base”. These have more pigment than the standard ones and go on so much better than anything else I’ve brush painted, learned this one the hard way (I make scale models lol).

Whatever you choose, good luck! Also, did you make the model for the keychain?
I'll have to see if I can find Citadel. Don't think I've ever seen it before. Suppose I could order it if I can't find it. And no, I didn't make the model, I got it off of Thingiverse. I do want to start creating my own models in the future, I just don't know what to use to do that.

I'll have to see if I can find Citadel. Don't think I've ever seen it before. Suppose I could order it if I can't find it. And no, I didn't make the model, I got it off of Thingiverse. I do want to start creating my own models in the future, I just don't know what to use to do that.
I’d look around scale model shops or anywhere that sells warhammer stuff, the paint will usually be there.

In terms of modeling software, fusion 360 is pretty easy to use, plenty of tutorials too!

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back