Another Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i must say Sir, i am stunned Gobsmacked to be specific. I'm loving the work put into this :D I started mine with the chest scaled, And it seems fine but overlaps my shoulders a wee bit, was wondering if it looks ok. The shoulders i need to remake now dammit after making them a tad too small, But slow progress but getting there. Maybe one day a complete suit like yours :D.

Just the question about the chest judge, does yours slightly overlap your shoulders or sit comfortably within your shoulder line?

I've ordered lots of foam, so when i finished resin and bondo, i'm going to carve foam to stick between me and the armour piece to keep it in place. As im too scrawny and it falls down :( And if i was to scale it to my shoulder line the piece would be too small in height :(

Keep up the good work

Regards

Matt

Venom, it does go over the shoulder a bit. Aim for getting it slightly wider than your armpits.

The piece actually tapers outwards so the lower arm opening is actually the widest part.

If you put your arms to your sides, and get someone to measure across the widest part of your shoulders, that

should be as close to the scale you'd use. Remember the Shoulder bells cover up a lot so you can customise it.

The suit is very short, but once the belt is added, then later the hoses or whatever to link

up the belt to the chest, you'll find it's not too bad.

So far it looks like you just about have your suit done now all you have to do is worry about the gloves which when I start on my suit I plan on using something like these. Linky

Wow - this is truly an inspiration.

I am in the process of re-pepping both my helm and shoulders so once I nail the scale down I hope to start my own WIP thread.

This is an excellent effort - thank you for sharing the boot files, I was a bit worried how I was going to achieve that! Watching and waiting for more pics ;)

/salute

amancue said:
how bout yours? wheres the progress? and judge wheres yours

I've have RL issues, Money and too many hours at work, but taxes paid off the car and now work is letting up, so look for some progress in the next few weeks.

I think I am going to rebuild my helm again, I am just not happy with it. But I may play with some painting techniques for demos here on the site first. It's not as round as I would like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to report sorry. RL issues here also, along with weather extremes which stop me from going near my shed.

Unfortunately, the con I was hoping to have this prepared for has approached, this weekend actually.

Anyway I'll keep trying to get some progress happening.

Celtic, looking forward to seeing another Astartes suit.

Wow that suit looks awesome, everything actually looks in proportion (for a space marine). normally the shoulders look way out of proportion (again for a space marine) when people make these suits but yours are perfect. One question though, isn't the backpack different for the type of gun you have in the picture? are you planning on keeping the backpack you have or also making the one that goes with that gun because that would be pretty sweet. The heavy gunner (is that what he's called? I don't actually play the game) is my favorite variant.

I'm glad to hear from you too,.. mines still in the works also just havnt been very photographic lately, soon I'll have some good shots

Have only just decided to get back to working on this suit recently. Heres the Chest link http://www.4shared.com/file/UXrJ73T8/SM_Chest.html & heres the Backpack to suit http://www.4shared.com/file/F_fq6azm/SMbackpack.html. Important note...THEY ARE NOT UNFOLDED, AND THE DEPTH IS ACTUALLY WIDTH. I printed mine off at either A3 or A4 so never had a standard unfold. Also for some reason the model went into pep designer sideways. So eg. 500mm depth will actually be 500mm wide. Use the same scale as the chest for the backpack but add 5 - 10mm because of the exact fitting of the rear attachment.
Hope it helps. Good luck with your build.

model orientation prior to importing, it can simply be fixed by taking the original or exporting the file from pep as an obj, opening it in a 3d program, 0'ing the alignment exporting, then reimporting in pep, lot quicker then it sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back