Anti-Vehicle Nonlinear Rifle/mkvi Sparten Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool= Yes

Annoyingly difficult as hell to complete=yes

going to look amazing after= HELL YES

me going crazy before i finish this= HIGHLY POSSIBLE!! >_< XDD

SSGT. Johnson: OH I KNOW WHAT THE LADIES LIKE...................................( HALO2 )

They...LIke....LASERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( ME )

Keep it up man!

this is gonna be the greatest weapon ever!-x2,345,768,998,065,557

I have another laser idea for you. you could try one of the cheap tactical laser for bb guns that they sell at walmart i don't remember the exact price, but i know they are under 10 bucks. I'm going to use one in mine when i get it finished. i think it will work good in the front grip so the button is easily accessable.

Ive got one of those too for my BB Rifle, but it doesnt have enough strength for a coherent beam, thats what im going for XD

ok just thought id suggest it incase you liked it, and ill be keeping an eye on this thread to see how your laser turns out

heh im working on it as hard as i can.

this thing is a beast to produce, and if i have to do it again...i think cardboard might be a lot easier >_<

Though....i do wish i had some damn help T_T...ive got several pieces of armor that i havent even resined yet V_V due to freaking rain....think i might have to set up a ventilation system indoors to actually get any work done XD

Jyoumon said:
heh im working on it as hard as i can.

this thing is a beast to produce, and if i have to do it again...i think cardboard might be a lot easier >_<

Though....i do wish i had some damn help T_T...ive got several pieces of armor that i havent even resined yet V_V due to freaking rain....think i might have to set up a ventilation system indoors to actually get any work done XD

Do you have a garage and couple fans? I really don't suggest doing it in side the house even with fan blowing it out the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh i aint stupid XD, it was just a rather spur of the moment suggestion >_>...but no garage or anything, got fans too lots.

well heres another pic update...and OHHH GOD...my fingers hurt like HELL >_<, i burned at least 6 of my 10 fingers trying to get those top and bottom together and linked T_T...

Ohh well here ya go.

124814.jpg

some minor warpage did occur(hey it cant ALL be perfect)

124923.jpg

Front

125029.jpg

Rear

125035.jpg

That looks disgusting to pep. Holy crap.

It's looking great, though. And that warping is minor, you can fix that. Might I suggest putting a little slit in it, poking in a popsicle stick to regain its shape, and hot gluing that in place until you can resin? That'll cut down on the detailing work you'll have to do later to get the sides mirrored. Or something to that extent, 'cuz once you get the resin on there, it'll hold itself properly again when you remove the supports inside.

As far as lasers go, I think it'd be fun to get an actual laser in there, but where are you going to be toting the Splaser? If you'll be at a convention, there's other people's retinas to consider if you're going to be shining out a laser on them. Lol. Convention security doesn't like anything that could cause physical harm to other peoples.

I think what would be fun, if you've any experience in LEDs, would be to have a few red ones that flash in the sequence of the Splaser charging, then all glow at once when it "fires" ? At least, that's the first thing I thought of when you were mentioning lighting in it.

Good luck with the rest of the build, I'm excited to see how this turns out! ;D

looking pretty good man, Cant wait to see the finished project either. Amazing job considering you had no guide numbers.

Heh thanks Drakku, means a lot, and yeah i was thinking of that too...but until i get this sucker completely pepped, resined and glassed i dont think i have to worry about lights...if at most ill hook my little pointer light in at the moment XD

Tip: use popcicle sticks to support the edges and walls etc.. I did that for my magnum when I was building it, although this would have been more helpful at the beginning.

Picture454.jpg

unfortunately i cant reopen it at the moment, shes completely sealed along the rear and front now, so after the resin and maybe some mat ill put of foam on the inside to hold her steady.

Well Folks, its that time again.

but GREAT news for all to be heard ^___^, the Laser is almost completely PEPPED!!!!!!

Thatsright its DONE all the ground work is laid, the infrastructure is In, and the Stage 4 CAN COMMENCE!

Here are some Pics for your Viewing pleasure(a small word though, i will NOT be completing the Actuator handles on the left and right of the front emitter houseing, the first came out Horrible as such...NO!!...i will substitute and work with something else to get it finished)

194742.jpg

194823.jpg

194832.jpg

194909.jpg

194921.jpg

194945.jpg

195041.jpg

1955495.jpg

Too all you in the 405th, I salute you!

1956421.jpg

WOOHOOO! ah the joy of a finished pep piece, it makes you so excited that your finally done. And now you get to do another long lasting part after it! YES! <---- (not sarcasm)

looks absolutely perfect. keep us updated on the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back