Any Suggestions For A Noobie Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantix

So basically... I'm just a college student who 1. doesn't have a lot of money to spend and 2. doesn't have good facilities to work in.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an easy and inexpensive way to make a Halo 3 suit of MARINE armor.

So... any suggestions?

grantix said:
So basically... I'm just a college student who 1. doesn't have a lot of money to spend and 2. doesn't have good facilities to work in.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an easy and inexpensive way to make a Halo 3 suit of MARINE armor.

So... any suggestions?
Hi im baddog9000 PM for your problems or Mods will attack you for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
grantix said:

So... any suggestions?

Yes, read all the stickies and go to the pepakura forum, read those stickies, and then look for the H3 Marine armor files that are somewhere in that forum. Welcome to the 405th, by the way.

You can also PM one of the members of the Q&A team, they'll be happy to answer your questions in a message.

Also, read the stickies.

PS: Read the stickies (It's that important)

yeah i know were your coming from. Im building a recon helm at home since theres no play to lay bondo in the dorms

What i do is just do the folding at school then when you get home for the long breaks then fiberglass it there

Try this. Except, instead of Master Chief files, use the marine ones.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me, or any other member of the Q&A team.

The mods don't jump on people. They sacrifice noobs to our god Adam.
Anyways I'm basically in your situation, off at school, very little access to cash, ect. My advice to you is to go and read the Pepakura stickies, and go that route, its the cheapest way to get great results. After you read the stickies, then go as talk to some of the people in the theater department and see if you could use some of their space. Chances are that they'll say no, but its worth asking, in case they say yes ( even if they don't let you use their space, they usual have every tool that you could ever need in their shops). After finding a place to work in, go get the supplies (costs about 10 bucks to get stated with Pepakura) The stickies will tell you every thing you need to know, and if you cant find the answer PM a Q&A Team member, like myself.

I'm a university student and that hasn't really held me up even in my small place. It just takes a little longer to do stuff with just basic tools and your hands instead of power tools.

Thanks... everyone. And... I got a PM about looking at the stickies too... So yeah... should have thought and read those to begin with but I had a lapse in judgment... Oh well. Anyways... thanks.

grantix said:
Thanks... everyone. And... I got a PM about looking at the stickies too... So yeah... should have thought and read those to begin with but I had a lapse in judgment... Oh well. Anyways... thanks.

You're quite welcome :D Again, welcome to the 405th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back