anybody think i can wear the whole suit tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan1105

Jr Member
I already put Resin on it. I'll probably just spray paint it some color, and wear it tommorow, then fiberglass it another time. Can i do that?

Thanks...Oh yeah for people that are still looking at this...do you think I can just use a Coke bottle as the visor, and put some tint or permanent marker on it (gold)?

you can do a couple of things....

for the armor you can spray it with plastidip spray paint (available at home depot/lowes, and get the black not red)

for the visor, i used a cut out from a 3L soda bottle and then used spray adhesive to affix gold tissue paper i got from the dollar store... its so cheaply made you can see through it... i'll post some more pics after tomorrow, but here's my original thread...

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry81712

wwo man we're practically doing the same thing yea im waiting to fiberglass and yes i couldnt get the motorcycle visor on time so i did the coke bottle thing. just get some gols sprypaint and lightly tint it, although u cant see very well

Oh yeah, by the way...Will BELL visors work, mine kind of looks too big. I know you're supposed to put it in from the inside, but it looks too tall...

ya mines only fiber glassed on the outside becuase i was pressed on time and i can walk move run and do everything well and no breaks its good but i couldnt make a weapon.............

so i got a real one imagine the persons face when they open the door only to find a gun on the other side haha

Spartan1105 said:
i jus got a motorcycle visor and its HELLA big...is it supposed to be like that?

Yeah, everybody has to cut it down when doing pep helmets, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
SH_Jack said:
Yeah, everybody has to cut it down when doing pep helmets, I think.

How do you cut it out, and can I put fiberglass on the armor, even though i already spray painted it?

Spartan1105 said:
How do you cut it out, and can I put fiberglass on the armor, even though i already spray painted it?

How do you cut it out?
People with smaller helmets generally trim their visor with a Dremel tool. You can see some dremel action in the double visor tut in the molded armor section. Always sketch out how much to cut beforehand since visors aren't cheap :D

Can I put fiberglass on the armor, even though i already spray painted it?
You won't want to fiberglass the exterior of the armor, with or without paint on it. Fiberglassing should be done to the interior so you don't lose the angles and details. If you need to reinforce your armor you can attempt to carefully 'glass the inside. The majority of your paint should be ok, but resin and cloth are messy things so expect to do some touch up work.
Ideally, the steps in order are to: resin the outside (1 or more), fiberglass the inside (1 or more), sand/detail/glaze/etc., and then paint it. I'm guessing you just got anxious to see what it looked like ;)

Hope that helps!
-Vex

Vexona said:
How do you cut it out?
People with smaller helmets generally trim their visor with a Dremel tool. You can see some dremel action in the double visor tut in the molded armor section. Always sketch out how much to cut beforehand since visors aren't cheap :D

Can I put fiberglass on the armor, even though i already spray painted it?
You won't want to fiberglass the exterior of the armor, with or without paint on it. Fiberglassing should be done to the interior so you don't lose the angles and details. If you need to reinforce your armor you can attempt to carefully 'glass the inside. The majority of your paint should be ok, but resin and cloth are messy things so expect to do some touch up work.
Ideally, the steps in order are to: resin the outside (1 or more), fiberglass the inside (1 or more), sand/detail/glaze/etc., and then paint it. I'm guessing you just got anxious to see what it looked like ;)

Hope that helps!
-Vex

Hey Vex, how is your suit coming? Did you already finish? I'm curious to see how your's turned out (y)

preskewl said:
Hey Vex, how is your suit coming? Did you already finish? I'm curious to see how your's turned out (y)

Indeed it's 100% done! I actually wore it out on Saturday night to all the bars. Everyone thought I was a guy :lol: so they'd come up and say, "Dude how'd you get this armor!?". I'd lift the helmet up and tell them I made it myself and they'd scream "Oh my god it's a chick! Can I -uh- have your picture!?". lol I had an awesome time and I will be dressing up again tonight. I am dying to finish my roll of film at the official Halloween parties and have it developed tomorrow. I'll be sure and post them asap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back