anyone ever seen this stuff before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its called fixit! sculpt, it seems like a good alternative rather than using bondo for detailing a helmet. has a 3-4 hour work time, and 24 hour rock-hard cure time. heres what the article says:
FIXIT® Sculpt is the newest product in the FIXIT® line. It is great for many uses that require all of the qualities of regular FIXIT®, plus it offers exceptional sculpting qualities. It has a firm feel more quickly after mixing; it resists sagging and drooping; it holds detail and impressions; has a flat matte finish; accepts paints and stains, and offers a very liberal 4 hour working time.

Features & Benefits

• FIXIT® Sculpt is a self-hardening, 2 part product (A & B must be mixed).
• Clay/putty like consistency.
• Blends and smoothes easily.
• Firm feel for modeling and tooling.
• Resists sagging and drooping.
• Holds detail and impressions.
• 4 hour working time.
• Flat matte finish.
• Extremely adhesive, durable and strong; stands up to UV, fuels, outdoors, etc. Safe up to 500 degrees F.
• Strongly adheres to nearly any clean surface including ceramic, cement, fiberglass, foam, glass, masonry, metal, plastic, stone, wood, more!
• Waterproof and non-conductive.
• 0% shrinkage and freeze-thaw stable.
• Open working time is 3-4 hours. Cures rock hard overnight (24 hour full cure).
• Can be seamlessly smoothed with your finger and water or Apoxie® Safety Solvent before set-up, or can be tapped or drilled, sanded, filed, painted, or otherwise finished to match the repaired item.
• FIXIT® Sculpt accepts stains and paints before or after curing. Sand the cured product to lighten the color.
• User friendly clay. Non-flammable, non-hazardous. No solvents or fumes. Conforms to ASTM D.4236.
• FIXIT® is also available in Ceramic White, Black, and 2 Metals, Bronze, & Aluminum.
• Clean up with Apoxie® Safety Solvent or water.

link

its about the same price as bondo, but seems to be better as far as detailing what you want.

has anyone ever used this stuff before?

i used apoxi sculpt from the same company and i used it all the time......it seems like its almost in the same lines as that so its good stuff to use.......but that stuff will add weight to your prop if you used too much

link4044 said:
i used apoxi sculpt from the same company and i used it all the time......it seems like its almost in the same lines as that so its good stuff to use.......but that stuff will add weight to your prop if you used too much
i was concidering just using this to detail the pepakura helmet, i dont think thatll weigh too much. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back