Anyone ever tried camelback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthraxis

Jr Member
I was organizing my gear which I recently got from the CF (Canadian Forces) right before basic and I saw the camelback that was issued. Has anyone ever tried putting a camelback inside of the back armour, and have a tube run through the armour into the helmet to be able to drink? I think it'd be a good way to keep hydrated while keeping that 'never takes off his helmet' mystery element at comic cons and other events.

i got one for 17$ at london drugs and used to use it for mountain biking (don't want to keep taking my full-face helmet off for a drink)

but hey yeah thats a great idea! nobody's gona have a clue who i am. heh.

When I used to ride motorcycle long distance a lot I had a Camel back system and I routed the tube up into my MC helmet. Was a life saver. The only down side to the set up I could see is that the liquid wouldn't keep cold very long and I even got the insulated pouch kit used Ice cubes ect. I guess body heat tended to heat it up fast. So At a con I can see you drinking, just don't expect it to stay cold long.

I picked up an ice tray that makes long ice bars instead of cubes for my camelback when I went airsofting. Thing stayed cold all day. :)

cgspartan said:
camelback + gatoraid = pure love when you're in a sweltering hot suit all day.

Heck ya, that was my mixtures of madness when I was a serious mountain biker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eihort said:
I picked up an ice tray that makes long ice bars instead of cubes for my camelback when I went airsofting. Thing stayed cold all day. :)

Nice! Who makes this tray? I would like to get one.

bleh, let me know i anyone figures out how to drink beer without taking the helmet off, and no camel back crud, that'd run out too fast....

volkov said:
bleh, let me know i anyone figures out how to drink beer without taking the helmet off, and no camel back crud, that'd run out too fast....

Camelback wouldn't run out too fast, you'd probably get drunk, or close to it before finishing the bag, unless it's some crappy coors light water beer or something...

bleh.. you don't know me very well, I tried that skiing with beer.. kept running out so I filled my pockets with flasks of beam instead. was more effective... mmm jim beam in a camelback.. now maybe we're on to something.. but if I'm playing beer pong at a halloween party, how do I drink my beer? dangit.

Beer and alchahol would make you MORE dehydrated..
Try gatorade or water.. Or mix up some gatorade/achahol mix, you crazy drunks.
Wait-
That sounds good...

Timmy2guns said:
Beer and alchahol would make you MORE dehydrated..
Try gatorade or water.. Or mix up some gatorade/achahol mix, you crazy drunks.
Wait-
That sounds good...

a camelback full of gatorade and vodka is a combination for drunkenness that i can't even explain.

cgspartan said:
camelback + gatoraid = pure love when you're in a sweltering hot suit all day.

One thing I learned in the service is that it really isn't a good idea to put gateraid, poweraid, soda, cola, pop, etc. in a camelback as the sugar will either clog the drinking tube after you have fully despensed the beverage or the sugar will rot and decay in that thing, causing you to get sick in the long run. Water is best.

Yes a camel back full of burbon and punch yummy.
I was gonna do the camelback idea for water but alcohol sounds better LOL.
Hopefully i dont think im really a masterchief and go all Halo on anybody lol

Arthraxis said:
I was organizing my gear which I recently got from the CF (Canadian Forces) right before basic and I saw the camelback that was issued. Has anyone ever tried putting a camelback inside of the back armour, and have a tube run through the armour into the helmet to be able to drink? I think it'd be a good way to keep hydrated while keeping that 'never takes off his helmet' mystery element at comic cons and other events.
That's a fantastic idea
Go For it

theshagsterofgames said:
What happens after all the boozing and you got to go? Another tube? :eek:

Ok, ew. lmao.

I know its hard to get posts up when you first start out, but spamming in old threads isn't the way to go. I can tell you now that others will notice and probably say the same thing to you. Bringing back old threads fills up the first page where people post new ones. If you bring back all the old ones, people's new threads get pushed way back and they aren't acknowledged. I'm just saying this as friendly advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back