Anyone Good With 3D Modelling Want To Help Me Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the stig

Ok I won't go into details. So what this is actually for, can remain behind closed doors until it's complete. Obviously the wonderful person who may be willing to help me, will have the right to know what it is for.

masks.png

As you can see here, We have 6 masks, Well... 5.

Anyway, You can see they all resemble the exact same shape give or take a few areas.

The main difference is the vents, which doesn't bother me.

I am requesting and pleading, anyone with 3d modelling skill, to build something like these.

Vents? No thankyou, That's too much trouble for you and I can add them in myself.

I just need the basic shape. Hell, customise the thing and make a design/look/shape that you personally think would look kickass. It doesn't bother me. I just need something that will hopefully fit my face almost perfectly.

If you're willing to help please let me know, It'd be a great help.

-Stig

chwbcc said:
What kind of masks are these? Paintball?

From what I'm aware, they're paintball/airsoft masks.

However I'm not paying that much money for what I need it for. A pep version with bondo is fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're airsoft masks, and look to be the product a guy named "Heroshark" on Arnie's Airsoft. Fiberglass construction over a face mold.

This is something that is probably better done as a scratch build. You can get a sturdier and better custom-fit mask that way.

Here's how I personally would do it.

You're going to need some plaster of paris (Wal-Mart, Home Depot ) , plaster impregnated gauze strips (just plaster strips, easily found at Wal-Mart or Home Depot), a bowl or mixing cup, petroleum jelly ( or some other type of thick cream, like vasline ).

Ok, so you're goin to want to cover your face in the jelly. Since you're only doing the lower half of your face, you don't need to worry too much about hair, but you should probably shave beforehand.

Now, following the instructions on the box, mix the plaster of paris with some water in your bowl.

Cut strips of the plaster strips.

Dip one fully into the plaster of paris and then place on your face. Make sure it's smoother out. It is going to feel kind of weird, but you'll have to get over it.

Keep doing this until the entire area of your face is covered. Go around your nostrils. It's your choice whether you feel comfortable going over your mouth. Overlapping and layers is a must.

When you're done, you've got about 15-30 minutes depending on what type of plaster of paris you bought. Just watch some television or something. Try not to move your mouth or anything.

Slowly pull the mask off.

When it's off, get some sandpaper and scissors, and clean up the edges.

From this point you have a pretty strong mask. But it could be much stronger. I've never tried applying resin/bondo/fiberglass to a plaster of paris mask, so I don't know how it would react. It should be fine, but the mask might fall apart if it gets too moist. If anyone has any ideas of what would happen, please post them.

But yes, now you have a perfect mask that fits your face perfectly. You'll need to cover up the nose/mouth, and customize the shape with bondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back