Anyone Interested In 40k Costuming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, im interested, i might just start out with the helmet for now, but until then we'll see

ooooh so many choices......well for my suit the hardest pieces so far would be the calf parts but making that wouldn't be that satisfying lol. I think the shoulders would be easy to model wouldn't they? Just making them plain with no insignia or anything would be a good idea so people can just add their own.

Marine Shoulder Pad

A day late, but here it is. If I'm right, the height should start at the bottom of your ribcage, and go a few inches above your shoulder. At least, that's how I got the height in the file. Also, This works for both shoulders.

-Drake

Can't actually see them yet cause I'm at school but power armor is pretty leniant(sp?) on the size of stuff. There's pictures of the pauldrons coming up to the jawline, middle of the neck, top of the head and about everywhere inbetween. What it comes down to is what looks the coolest to you pretty much. Also if you have them up to your ears mobility becomes an issue. I'm sure you could pull it off with some creativity though. Same issue will come up with the backpacks methinks.

Also have to realize that Space Marines scale 10ft without armor, have 2 hearts, 3 lungs, 2 stomachs so they are going to be wider then the normal human so they have broader shoulders. It will be impossible to look EXACTLY like a Space Marine and have decent mobility without taking steroids :p

Yeah just to name a few implants! My favorite would have to be the gland that let's them spit acid. Might not be very useful save for a few VERY unlikely situations but still is pretty damn badass. And 10ft would be a REALLY tall Terminator. I'd say average Space Marine would be like 7-8ft depending on when they went through the surgeries and stuff since they don't stop growing for like two decades.

Well I read about a Space Wolf Elder that was supposedly 10ft 7in tall. So I took a guess.

I lol'd when I saw that, "Saliva contains a acid-like solution capable of slowly dissolving weak metals. Though not very effective in combat, it is recorded at Marines were able to 'chew' their way through iron bars."

My favorite is the gland that can allow you to shut down parts of the brain so your are awake but at the same time you are resting. I can't think of how many times I would use that :p.

There are a total of what...19 implants?

Yeah 19. That's also a pretty sweet implant. They can go like 2 weeks without sleep cause of it and they essentially sleep with their eyes open when they do. Think it's an avg of 4 hours of sleep a day. Hah about that iron bars thing.... Them being Astartes they can just rip the bars out! There's some chapters that don't get some of the perks of all the implants cause it was lost in their gene seeds. Only one that comes to mind is the Imperial Fists. They don't have the poison gland and something else. Although the blinding part would be useful.
On a side note I can totally see this as a start to a Kasrkin suit. have the basic shape for the upper body already.
S7302595.jpg

I've thought of a Terminator. But that's REALLY pushing the limits. The real Terminators have mobility issues nevertheless a costume of it. Although if it's designed correctly it's plausible. I might want to do it cause I'll only have to make a few different parts.

If I was to ever start a costume in 40k it would be either Imperial Guard or Tau, preferably Tau.

And yes that is a nice start for Kirskin, just take off the Visor and wear a Skateboard helmet :p.

the first costume i tried to make was an elder. it turned out to be bad. it would have been better if i wasnt 12 at the time.

That helmet actually has a back to it and everything :D so i'll just use that. Yeah I got those shoulderpads and stuff at a yardsale for $2 and thought IMPERIAL GUARDSMEN. Then thought IMPERIAL GAURDSMEN with mask and a few lights and armor pieces.
Here's some random 40k costumes I've found
cadiansquad.jpg

stud.jpg

a8e45ee196.jpg

831b23f586.jpg

Talen.jpg

Harlequin.jpg

Oh, then its fine just remove the Visor if you can and give it a good painting.

Looking at those pictures I just might have to make a Tech-Priest/Tech-Marine sometime now...Another project on my list THANKS.

Lol anytime. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a techpriest or some kind of Inquisitor. I also really like that mask thing he made. For a techpriest all you really need is a backpack, mask, and some badass robes. Any 40k fan would recognize you but if you really want to spruce it up you can add different armor pieces and a weapon.

yeah im working on a kasrkin (though it may turn into a random imperial guard officer instead...) hopefully gonna have it done for next years games day UK...should be wiked to troop games day in an officer costume lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back