Anyone know where I can get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetWarmer

Heya! I'm pretty new to the forum and I've been wanting to make a suit of armor for awhile. In the mean time, I've been trying to figure out where I can get this version of Halo:
gallery_1915_69_20345.jpg

I've seen a couple pictures of it, but I can't seem to find out where I can get it. I've been thinking about e-mailing Bungie about it and asking if there was a way I could maybe get it for the PC or for Xbox. If anyone knows if it's possible to get this I'd really appreciate it. If Bungie never ever wants to give it up, well, that's fine too.

P.S. If anyone has made a suit of this version of MC I'd really love to see it!

tserrof said:
it could be halo custom edition

No, I know it's not Custom Edition. I remember reading something about a year ago about how this was the first version of Halo. I can't find the site anymore though. D: Any links to a website that has more of this would be good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted that screenshot in a thread marked "Possibly MKIV ?"

People are saying that its the early MKV that eventually became what it was in Halo 1. It looks different there because when they released those screenshots it was still a RTS, or TPS or whichever it was at the time.

I know that soon after this early version there was a revised one where MC had an antenna and there were what Bungie called "dinosaurs" in Halo. If somebody could find a website that talks about the dinos it might have information on the old MC.

Sorry but from what i read, only about 500 copies were made and more then half of those were ethier broken, or thrown away. So right now in existance there are about 67. I read it last week somewhere while looking at this other guys topic he posted about "Possible Mark VII?"

ya, i forgot where i saw it.. it was in a magizine.. i dont know what 1 ut ya it looked like a better version of torok i think thats how you spell it

to everyone who just posted in this thread:
the pic is from the first couple of 1999 version of halo. it never was released. it was a demo kind of. in other words: it was the first ever released video of halo, then it was totaly remade. i'll need to find the vid. try going to G4tv.com and search up bungie. look for the video that talks about how bungie started and what not. it should tell you what it is.
:D

Fragclone said:
to everyone who just posted in this thread:
the pic is from the first couple of 1999 version of halo. it never was released. it was a demo kind of. in other words: it was the first ever released video of halo, then it was totaly remade. i'll need to find the vid. try going to G4tv.com and search up bungie. look for the video that talks about how bungie started and what not. it should tell you what it is.
:D

Agreed, from what I can decern this was pretty much a pre-halo that Bungie did when Halo was in its first stages of development. It was never released because the models and such eventually evolved to become the Halo we know an love, that and because it was still in the concept stages with a few vids and model renderings done

zeronifty said:
Agreed, from what I can decern this was pretty much a pre-halo that Bungie did when Halo was in its first stages of development. It was never released because the models and such eventually evolved to become the Halo we know an love, that and because it was still in the concept stages with a few vids and model renderings done
yep :D

Some of this story of the creation of Halo shows up on the Limited and Legendary Extra Discs. It's worth checking out if you like finding out the history behind stuff.

Thanks for all your help guys! I'll e-mail Bungie and ask if there is any way possible for me to get the original Halo. :p

Nugget said:
Thanks for all your help guys! I'll e-mail Bungie and ask if there is any way possible for me to get the original Halo. :p
i dont ely think they have a copy of this. it was never made in to a game.

next-stage said:
unless you work for Bungie i dont think that you can get this

Of course you can. For the right amount of money, you can own anything you could possibly want.

I personally do not know who has one, but I have been told that there is a leaked copy of a Halo 1 alpha build floating around somwhere. No idea if it was RTS or TPS, though. There are also three H1 debug builds and a H2 beta build that are actually pretty damn easy to find if you know where to go.

There is no chance in hell anyone from Bungie will just give you a copy like that. Pretty much the only way that would work is if you happened to talk to one of them privately (ie: not through Bungie's email) and made them some insane deal worth them potentially losing their jobs and having lawsuits filed against them...

Yeah that was what Halo 1 was going to originaly look like back when halo was going to be for the mac. It was the beta version of master cheif and never became part of the game. Just like the alien creatures that were non combatants on the instalation.

taken from marathon.bungie.org

haloringmotif.jpg

the crazy thing is that Cortana emailed the guy who runs the marathon story page, BEFORE halo CE even came out. she said a lot of the stuff that was said in the Cortana/gravemind annoyances in Halo 3.

I doubt you could get hold of an alpha-build of halo for the mac for love nor money. there is a youtube video of a couple of guys playing it as a TPS, and commentating, but i think they were bungie. Just to confirm, that isnt custom edition, which looks exactly like Halo 1 except different maps and weapons, though you can always tell if the weapons are user-created. sometimes they have Mk VI in some maps, but that is also easily distinguishable from Halo 2, mainly because of the minimal/total lack of bump-mapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back